INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you JRiver  (Read 1418 times)

bryanttrew

• Recent member
Thank you JRiver
« on: May 19, 2013, 03:24:35 pm »

Thank you so much for bringing this app over to the Mac.  Apple's iTunes Remote made navigating my library on my iPad so cumbersome that I could never really sit off and enjoy my music.  I have spent so much more time listening to my hifi since I purchased JRemote.  I have pure music, and I have bit perfect.  None of that matters if navigating my music is a pain in the ass.  JRemote is the key, and the beta releases of JRiver are more than bearable.  Thank you for letting me enjoy my very expensive stereo again.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Thank you JRiver
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:31:51 am »

On behalf of the crew here at JRiver, thanks for the kind words!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:28:22 pm »

I am also loving this app combined with JRemote, the only thing that would be better for the audio would for users to have more than just core audio for sample rate conversion, some of your competitors, such as Fidelia and Audirvana use Izotope SRC while Bitperfect uses SoX SRC but these programs are essentially iTunes plugins. If you guys were to implement these options you would probably blow Fidelia (which is $64 after all upgrades) and Audirvana  ($74) out of the water.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:39:09 pm »

Media Center uses the same audiophile-grade resampler on Mac as it does on Windows.  It does not use Core Audio.  JRiver's resampler instrument tests exceptionally well.

You configure resampling using MC > DSP Studio > Output Format.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up