INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xonar Essene STX EQ doesn't work over 48KHz Sampling Rate ? [SOLVED]  (Read 1283 times)

HyroProto

I use JRiver Media player with WASAPI with 192KHz 24bit to get the optimum sound quality.

My windows Mixer is set to 44.1KHz 24bit

But when I set my xonar to output 192KHz the EQ stops working... infact It only works if I set the Output in JRiver to 48KHz..

192KHz in JRiver sounds so much better than 48KHz.. So i wanna keep it as it is. Since i'm using WASAPI I know I'm bypassing the Windows Mixer & directly getting the Sound from the sound card. So why doesnt my Xonar's EQ stops working when ever I chose anything over 48KHz.. this card supports 192KHz right ?

what am i doing wrong ?

Will there be any difference in the music Quality in JR if I set a lower sampling rate in my Xonar..meaning if i play a mp3 it is 44.1KHz & JR up-samples it to 192KHz. But does the input sample rate from my sound card effect the quality that is outputted by JR ?

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Xonar Essene STX EQ doesn't work over 48KHz Sampling Rate ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 05:05:08 am »

If you are using WASAPI, make sure you have exclusive mode enabled to allow Media Center to change the output format.

However, I think the ASUS cards have a native ASIO driver, so you are probably better off using that rather than WASAPI.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:05:18 am »

If you are using WASAPI, make sure you have exclusive mode enabled to allow Media Center to change the output format.

However, I think the ASUS cards have a native ASIO driver, so you are probably better off using that rather than WASAPI.

The Asus Xonar series (or at least the three cards I've used) does not support automatic sample rate changing in WASAPI, only in ASIO.  I recommend using the ASIO output option, and looking into the Unified Xonar drivers if you haven't already.  

Also (more generally) I'd recommend not using the driver's built in EQ if you can avoid it, as it is (at least in my experience of using Xonar cards) not as high quality as JRiver's EQ (higher latency and more prone to drop outs).  

HyroProto

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:42:49 am »

thank you all for the helpful replies... I just found out in the manual that all the effects in the xonar is only limited to 44.1 & 48KHz files  :( bummer ... think they wanted to keep the 96 & 192KHz outputs as pure as possible without having to muddy them with any effects...make sense i guess
Pages: [1]   Go Up