INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About promoting MJ  (Read 1223 times)

gvag

About promoting MJ
« on: March 27, 2002, 02:48:48 am »

So how come eMucsic doesn't have MJ as an option for downloading entire albums?  Are you waiting for final release of MJ8, or what?

Harry The Hipster

RE:About promoting MJ
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 03:40:06 am »

Good question. Part of the broader issue: how does MJ best promote itself in venues with high traffic from potential users? MJ Download Manager handles emusic of course, but that doesn't get to your point.

JimH: What are yr views? Is linkage best implemented top-down, by you and yr staff/marketing people, or should users be generating some independent demand? If the latter, yr thoughts on most effective way for us to do this?

There are some enthusiastic Emusic subscribers in this group. JRiver is at a dead-end for the moment in creating its own download/file transfer program with industry support. Is broader MJ-Emusic linkage possible? Hate to think they're married to RA.

HTH

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2002, 04:15:55 am »

For those who don't know, Emusic is owned by Universal.  Universal is also part of the PressPlay consortium.  Emusic has used Real as their primary player.

We'd like to work more closely with Emusic and it looks like this is happening.  We have had very good support from our contacts at Universal, with whom I will meet again in NYC next week.

It is always helpful (and appreciated) when you provide feedback to Emusic and others.  If you like the album download capabilities in our Download Manager, it will certainly help to let them know.

Thanks for asking.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 08:44:32 am »

I am Confused

I Happen To Be Using EMusic And I Am Using The Download Manager And Clicking On Download Album And It Is Downloading The Full Album, Am I Missing Something Here?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2002, 08:54:42 am »

They are talking about MJ's also-ran status on this page:

http://www.emusic.com/s=500073ca214df558742;/player/

We'll get it changed.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2002, 08:59:11 am »

King:

In addition to JimH's link, I think gvag was saying that EMusic doesn't list MJ as an album down-loading alternative in its FAQs. This is what they say:

"How do I download an entire MP3 album at once?
It is now possible to download an entire MP3 album with a single click using an MP3 player that supports RMP technology. Currently, there are only two popular MP3 players that support the RMP technology: FreeAmp (for Windows and Linux) and RealJukebox (for Windows only). If one of these players is your default MP3 player, simply click on the one-click album download icon and the player's download manager will take over from there. Unfortunately, there are no Macintosh MP3 players that currently support one-click album downloading through RMP technology."

This should get straightened out too.

HTH

gvag

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2002, 09:35:57 am »

As a tag along to HTHs last post.

Also, if you click on the download entire album button and do not have an RMP? capable downloader, you'll get an invite to install RealPlayer or whatever its called these days.

OT.  I dislike RA's intrusivness to the point that I wrote a small WinBatch program to download my albums from eMusic and was thinking of offering it to JRiver as a freebee for MJ users.
Pages: [1]   Go Up