INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View issues with 18.18.0.189  (Read 2289 times)

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member
Theater View issues with 18.18.0.189
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:59:11 pm »

With new version when I load MC18, the Theatre View is messed up.  The menu items appear in top left corner of screen.  When I activate a menu item, such as Video, then everything looks correct.  Note this error only occurs during intial load as I have Theatre View as my default.  If I load theatre view from inside of list view, it loads fine.

Sorry for the poor explanation.  I have attached screen shot of initial load.
Thanks for any assistance.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View issues with 18.18.0.189
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:14:31 pm »

That's a strange one. Could be a video driver issue. Have you tried updating to the latest version?

Also, if your PC is connected to TV/receiver via HDMI, could be handshaking issue. Can you reproduce the problem at will, with all devices on?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:38:01 pm »

With new version when I load MC18, the Theatre View is messed up.  The menu items appear in top left corner of screen.  When I activate a menu item, such as Video, then everything looks correct.  Note this error only occurs during intial load as I have Theatre View as my default.  If I load theatre view from inside of list view, it loads fine.
Please try updating your video driver.

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:00:06 am »

Thanks for the replies.

I had checked video driver and have latest Catalyst drivers.

I am connected via hdmi to Onyko reciever and then to Sony projector.

What is odd is I never had this issue before the automatic update to this latest version.  Also odd, when I reboot my PC, it loads directly into Mc18 (via batch command in startup).  During this intial load, Theater View loads fine.  If I close MC18 and then reload (either through my batch file or MC18 shortcut), then the screen is black with MC18 backgound and menus partially displayed in tiny box in top left corner.

Maybe this is a clue to what could be happening - when I load MC18 and get incorrect view, I intially see the following text: 
"Press left, right, up, down to navigate and OK to accept.  Press the green button to go home". 

Not sure if these are MC18 messages or not.  They obviously have something to do with remote.  I do not have any remote software running. 

Thanks

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 01:21:51 am »

This is the exact same problem that I posted about in the version 18.187 thread, if you have the wrong theater view theme loaded media center will also crash. Further investigation shows that the issue goes away if you downgrade to version .180 and re-appears with versions .183 and later.

This is with an i7 3770k machine running windows 7 x64 with an amd 6 series graphics card on a monitor at a res of 1920x1080.

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 11:21:42 pm »

Jake,
What have you done about this?  Have you downgraded versions or just living with the problem?

I have noticed that a few times it will load properly, but majority it does not load correctly.  I have not been able to figure out a pattern.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 02:43:11 am »

I've just been living with the problem, as in my experience theater view fails to load only for the first time once you load media center. So I just hit ctrl+1 to switch to normal mode (or any other view) and then ctrl+4 back to theater view again, then the problem disappears at least until I load media center again

csimon

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 03:25:46 am »

I've got the same problem, on two machines both with different flavours of Core i7 processors, therefore Intel HD4000 graphics. All drivers are up-to-date as far as I'm aware. The second PC is actually brand new, only built yesterday.

csimon

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 01:58:31 pm »

Just to report. I'm still having this exact trouble with .191.  Starting Theater View crushes all options into the top left corner and it won't work properly, I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to end the process with Task Manager.  It also shows the standard Display View message at the bottom - "Press Up,Down,Left,Right to navigate...".

I have Intel HD4000 graphics on both machines.  They have the latest drivers, one dated 19th March 2013 - not sure of the other one as it's not switched on atm but it was a PC bought and built only last week and I downloaded all the current drivers direct from the manufacturer's site.

It was actually only about 2 weeks ago that I updated the first machine's graphics driver to 19th March 2013 - I'm wondering if there's a compatibility problem with the latest drivers, rather than running old ones?

csimon

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 02:21:16 pm »

The problem goes away with unchecking "Full Screen Exclusive".

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

The problem goes away with unchecking "Full Screen Exclusive".
(same problem here)

-where is "Full Screen Exclusive found"?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 03:56:28 pm »

It's in the madVR settings.  Right click on a video when it's paused, and choose DirectShow.

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 06:57:11 am »

I think he means the "Use fullscreen exclusive mode for drawing" setting under Options > Theater View > Advanced

MadVR hasn't loaded when Theater View opens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up