INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Server  (Read 1117 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
JRiver Server
« on: May 29, 2013, 12:44:19 pm »

I am connecting to above with JRemote.  Is there any way to use MC functionality (like equalizer, or headphones) through JRemote set as the "device"?  I know using it as a pure remote does not interfere with this functionality.

For those that may not have tried it, the headphone DSP setting is just terrific!

Thanks

L
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRiver Server
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 12:48:59 pm »

There's currently no way to apply processing to the audio going out of MCWS (which is what powers JRemote and Gizmo).

However, it's a neat idea.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Server
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:00:09 am »

Matt - does that restriction also apply to format conversion? I cannot find a way to convert flac to mp3 on the fly before a track is sent to Gizmo. That means I get long delays between tracks on my Galaxy S3, presumably because a flac to mp3 conversion is taking place on the phone. It would be faster to do the conversion on the server and also mean less data would have to be sent to the phone. That can be done when a MC client talks to the library server (Convert if Necessary or Always Convert), but, best as I can tell, it is not an option for Gizmo. Having to have the phone do the conversion means using Gizmo to play from my main server is not really viable. I like to take my phone to friends and connect it to a Blue Tooth speaker. I just connect Gizmo through their network and I can play my whole library. But, the delay from the conversion is just too long. Any suggestions? I might be missing something. I am still on MC 17. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up