INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: automatic update installed wrong operating system version [Solved]  (Read 898 times)

connieflyer

• Recent member

This morning on  starting up win7 64 bit, started jriver and it immediatly started installing an update.  When finished I get the error message installed for wrong operating system, reinstall correct one.  Where can I get media river 18 for win 7 d64 bit please.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: automatic update installed wrong operating system version
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:43:52 am »

Make sure you aren't using any compatibility settings.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 04:38:12 pm »

There is no separate version.

This error occurs sometimes if you (at some point) ran the installer in Compatability Mode (or set MC to launch that way).

Try uninstalling, reboot, and then reinstalling MC.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

connieflyer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:44:29 am »

I had not done any compatabily settings, uninstalled rebooted, reinstalled from an older version, rebooted same results.  Going back over recent installs, .  I ran erunt and chose registry settings from before the initial error and rebooted.  This fixed the problem.  Going back over recent installs, found a small program I wanted to try called classic start menu, my sister had come from xp recently and wanted the old start menu back (go figure) so I tried it on my pc first and that apparently was the software that caused the initial problem.  Uninstall and have not had a problem other than occasional minor faults.  Over all I think JRiver is well worth the price I paid and highly recommend it whenever I can.  Thank you for your help on this matter.  Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up