INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video - Forced subtitles  (Read 711 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Video - Forced subtitles
« on: May 25, 2013, 09:30:15 am »

Hi

I have ripped my DVD and Blu ray collection to protected iso with AnyDVD HD and used to use the iso to play the movies either in MC or in TMT5 if I want to watch 3D.  And this was all good but the allure of being able to get straight into the main movie without a menu or ads and to rip separate theatrical and extended versions appealed so I went down the Makemkv route. This has been OK but I  am now constantly running into forced subtitle issues, the issue being that the forced subtitles don't reliably get copied over into my mkv file either because I ripped the wrong title or because it was a movie I  ripped in the early days before I  knew about forced subtitles and was ripping without any subtitles.

So now I have some 300 movies (in iso and mkv) many of which will have forced subtitle.

What do people do to ensure that they have ripped the forced subtitle component?  Can MC help me with this? possibly automating an iso-->discrete movie conversion?

Appreciate any  guidance, experience and expert tips!

thanks

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re: Re: Video - Forced subtitles
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 12:27:30 pm »

I rip main movie to an M2TS file with the original HD audio and forced subtitles intact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up