INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.192 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 2289 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is a beta release of Media Center for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
[build pulled by JimH]

18.0.192 (5/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center would appear frozen in certain cases where a pop-up dialog was showing underneath the app and MC would be unresponsive.
2. Fixed: FLAC reference code would crash when encoding when an estimated total size was provided to the encoder, the 'verify' option was enabled, and encoding duration exceeded the estimated duration.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: Stopping or switching tracks during Library Server client playback could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: When overwriting a Car Radio preset, the preset will default to using the same name.

18.0.191 (5/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Webview reload button didn't work and could cause crashes.
2. Fixed: Some local default web pages were missing.
3. Changed: Added more debug logging to try to determine cause of intermittent SSDP failures.

18.0.190 (5/23/2013)

1. Changed: Enhanced WebView to support intercepting link clicks for webradio playback.
2. Fixed: WebView would not get keyboard focus so you couldn't type into web forms.
3. Changed: Added the ability to select the output bitdepth when using Kernel Streaming (Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
4. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
5. Changed: Radio buttons will use multiple lines for their text when necessary instead of truncating the text (helps with large font sizes).
6. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks rlebrette).
7. Fixed: If a connection to a Library Server was sporadic, it could lead to cases where a link to external cover art could be lost.
8. Fixed: Mono ALAC files were not being parsed or played correctly.
9. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
10. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
11. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.
12. Changed: When converting a file with a bitdepth greater than 24, the engine will convert to 24-bit (with dither) to feed the encoder (since few encoders support more than 24-bit files).
13. NEW: DSP Studio can be enabled during audio conversion (Library Tools > Convert Format), allowing resampling, channel mixing, convolution, etc.
14. Fixed: A rare crash when parsing certain MP4 audio files.

18.0.187 (5/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing or playing APE format files in OSX 10.6 would crash.
2. NEW:  Internal web browser support.  We still need to implement catching links so we can (for example) make web radio playback easier.
3. Changed: Audio Path will better show when a padded bitdepth (like 24-bit inside a 32-bit container) is in use.
4. Fixed: The phrase "JRSS Subwoofer (x Hz lowpass)" in Output Format configuration could not be translated.
5. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
6. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
7. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.

18.0.182 (5/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Tagging in the action window could crash.

18.0.181 (5/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Some m4a and alac files would not import or play because of a mismatched sample count in the mp4 STTS header.  We now ignore this error since it shouldn't impact playback performance.
2. Fixed: Radio streams would 'click' every few seconds because metadata was not getting parsed out of the stream.

18.0.180 (5/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Tooltips were not showing properly in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Clicking away from an in-place list edit control would not reliably stop the editing.
3. Fixed: DoP bitstreaming of DSD was not working with some devices.
4. Fixed: Hardware with complex buffer arrangement could crash when playing to only some of the channels.
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
7. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

robiediekatze

• Recent member

this version does not play music in my environment.
i hear an ugly loud noise for about one second then nothing.
version 18.0.191 worked again.

jpprins

• Recent member

Same problem with version 18.0.192 on my Set

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen

So here is what happens for me, thought it was my DAC. I have an Apogee DUET, I installed the new version, .192, and distortion. The input lights on my Apogee DUET are in the red.

So I switch to a different player, Audirvana, played the same track, and everything sounds normal. Went back to .192 and distortion and overload again.

Reverted to previous version of MC and everything works again.

Barr
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

pkoss

• Recent member

Same here.  Mine output either via optical or even on the MBP speakers.  Just noise.  Reinstalled 191 and all is well.

rinoatomy

• Junior Woodchuck

Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization does not work properly. Sample rate change does not work as previous versions anymore. I use 2 seconds to switch from 44 to 88 or higher and playback starts without the proper sample rate change. Song will start 1 second ahead.

I had to get back to version 182. Anything after that has that problem.

jayla

• Recent member

Same problem with my environment

jayla

openreel

192 is the only version to grossly distort upon start up. White noise, static, compression-the works!
An erase and clean install of 192 did nothing, so back to 191.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen

+1 Ouch!  Oh man that is bad!   ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Expect a new build that fixes the problem later today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up