INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [solved]Display "season 1" not "1" and retain season and episode art  (Read 1949 times)

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

Hi all,

My TV series are grouped series/seasons. Is there are way to display tv seasons as "Season 1", "Season 2" etc instead of "1","2" etc, without losing separate cover art for seasons and epidodes ?

If [Season] is tagged with a 01 or 1 the season cover art is pulled from the "season" cover art folder. The episodes pull frame grabs from TVDB. Perfect BUT when I drill down from series to season I want to see "season 1" not just a number. As soon as you change the season value from a number, season and episode art become the same, whether a frame grab or cover art pic.

If [Season] value must remain a number to function, can the screen display be changed (not the field display, what it says on screen beneath the thumb) ?

Thanks  

[EDIT] solved. In .191 it does this automatically for thaetre view (nice  ;D). Standard view still has 1,2,3 for seasons but doesnt matter here.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: [solved]Display "season 1" not "1" and retain season and episode art
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:07:54 am »

It still shows just a number for me. It has never bothered me but I guess it would be nice if its an easy change.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 08:08:48 pm »

Hi Inflatable (excuse my liberteis using first name  ;D )

Oh, maybe it happened subsequent to my moving "Shows" under a custom "secondary roller", in this case called TV. In theatre view i set it up for family access (watch tv or movies as main headings, not "video", listen to music, not "audio"). I leave standard view unchanged.

It was set this way in previous versions of MC and seasons were displayed as numbers only and my daughter thinking they were episode numbers (thus the reason for chnaging it).

Pics show series......then seasons. Now I must stress that the "sex and the city" series reflects ny 21 yo daughter's taste......I watch the more culturally oriented shows only (lie)  ;D

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 03:28:26 pm »

Mr. Mouse has a nice ring to it too, don't you think? 8).

Once I get my HTPC back up and running again I'll give it a shot to get it to display it like that.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 04:51:03 am »

@ Samson 

Are you saying that you have not changed anything, but that now if season is set to "2" it shows "Season 2" in Theatre view and "0" shows as "specials"?

That would indeed be a great improvement.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 10:23:14 am »

for "1" displaying as "season 1", yes this appeared to happen with the upgrade to mc. I did fidlle with Theatre view options for other reasons so may have Inadvertently 'cracked' it.Try it and see.

The "specials" I merely made the value of [Season]= specials. specials have no season anyway and Im not fussed with any covert art changes ( as per my orig post)

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 12:56:19 pm »

Just curious...

My season art is showing as a thumbnail from random episode.
How did you get the season covers to show instead?

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 12:56:41 am »

Just curious...

My season art is showing as a thumbnail from random episode.
How did you get the season covers to show instead?

Wherever you store your Cover art...Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art......navigate to that folder and if not already there, create sub-folders called Series and another called Seasons. You can place art in there for MC to find, or MC will find art automatically through right click > Get movie and TV info.

name the pics as per seen in screenshots of Seasons and Series below

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 05:43:09 am »

@Samson (in your reply to jdizzy)
So you are manually providing JRiver your season cover art? How old fashioned.
JRiver gets the Series and episode cover art fine.

Most other Media Centers get the season art as well.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 06:56:03 am »

So you are manually providing JRiver your season cover art? How old fashioned.

MC gets all my cover art but some people like to aquire their own so covered it as an option.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 10:40:57 am »

Yeah, I store locally in each folder in a format that supports MediaBrowser and xmbc. I allow JRiver to only store centrally, as I found their sidecar files quite messy.

EDIT: my mistake you are right it collects season art too, I think in earlier versions there were problems
Pages: [1]   Go Up