INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV SHOWS AND MOVIES UNDER VIDEO  (Read 1412 times)

andrevi

• Junior Woodchuck
TV SHOWS AND MOVIES UNDER VIDEO
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:08:54 am »

Hi guys,

I am trying to have TV Shows and Movies under Video by using Media Sub Type.

VIDEO > MOVIES > Movies (Media Sub Type - Movies)

VIDEO > TV SHOWS > TV Shows (Media Sub Type - TV Show)

How do I import or set up so the files go to the right folder ??

When I import all files go to movies under Unassigned.

Thanks Much !!!

Andrevi

Thanks Much !!!

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV SHOWS AND MOVIES UNDER VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 01:19:51 pm »

I'm not sure if this will work for you or not, if you use it as an import rule for your Video directory:

=if(isequal([Filename (path)],/\TV Shows/\,8),TV Show,Movie)

Any file in \Video\TV Shows\ will have a Media Sub-Type of TV Show, and anything else will have a Media Sub-Type of Movie

This assumes that you are only going to have TV Shows or Movies inside that directory, however.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 12:25:04 am »

I simply keep movies in a windows "movies" folder. In the auto configure rules tag on importing I have a rule [media subtype]=Movie.

I simply keep TV shows in a windows "TV shows" folder. In the auto configure rules tag on importing I have a rule [media subtype]=TV Show

all MC pvr tv recording should be tagged TV show by default so they exist in their own windows folder as MC likes.

To add tags on import Tools > Import > Cofigure auto-import > (add or edit folder location) > Add (tags)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 02:29:50 am »

When I import all files go to movies under Unassigned.

Following on from Samson's comments, for a movie, I have problems when the "Genre" metadata slot in the item tag is empty. So the first step I take in this instance is:
Mouse right click > Get Movie & TV Info
Run the process and normally the genre details are populated automatically. If you draw a blank, check the movie title is consistent with the prime database that MC works with http://www.themoviedb.org/. If the metadata is still blank, then jump into the tag metadata and assign it manually.

For a TV show, perform the same process as for Movies but this time if you still have a problem make sure that you have the corrected "Series" field filled in along with "Season" and "Episode". For details on the correct metadata, check with the info provided at http://thetvdb.com/

This utility can help when renaming a swag of files:
www.therenamer.com
It may help you.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up