INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Playlists behavior, others  (Read 667 times)

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
Strange Playlists behavior, others
« on: June 01, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »

I'm not sure if it's me (something I've done) or a change in the way MC is supposed to work recently.

I first noticed this in 18.0.191, but can't say for sure it hadn't started before that.  I'm using 193 now on all MC's.

1. If I load a specific playlist on the client from the server and play it locally, it across across as MP3 320k, even though the audio filesystem on the server is shared and available on the client.  It didn't used to do this either.  If the share was active, it would play the file at its native rate on the server, on the client.  Only if I disabled the share would it revert to MP3.

A Client Services option called "Play local file if one that matches Library Server is found" I normally have turned off.  If I turn it on, it now works like I describe above.  But it didn't used to require that?  Was that something fixed or am I hallucinating?

A couple of other things: 

2. What exactly does "Locking a Playlist" lock against?  I'm finding mine reverting to unlocked frequently without me unlocking it specifically.  Can anyone explain this?

3. If you have a playlist loaded that is not associated with an active player at the time (or perhaps just visible, I'm not sure as it seems to vary),  just about anything you do with other playlists or returning from Options, locking a different list and other such activities, will cause it to reset to its sorted beginning, regardless of whether or not you had a title selected.  I find this behavior very annoying -- why can't it retain its position with the track hi-lighted still lit?  Sort of like how Now Playing does.

4. Is there any way to preventing a defined playlist from taking on a new identity in terms of ordering, etc., once it starts playing?  I know the playlist is another set of pointers once passed to the player, but ?

Thanks.

--Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up