INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When will there be VIDEO support for MAC version of JRiver  (Read 5658 times)

battlescarze

• Recent member
When will there be VIDEO support for MAC version of JRiver
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:53:35 pm »

?

Does anyone know when we will be able to use MC as a one software solution for MAC?

Is this currently being worked on? ETA?

Thanks

Unfortunately I purchased the early version assuming video support would be a given :'(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: When will there be VIDEO support for MAC version of JRiver
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 03:01:30 pm »

When we announced it, we said it was an audio only version initially.  It's too soon to know with certainty, but images will probably be next.

Novatlan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:29:24 am »

I am probably the only person on earth thinking this way, but I would really love a version of MC where just audio is enabled, without images, video, and so on.
Right now MC is wonderfully fast and light. I fear that with other media types supported, it will become just as bloated as iTunes, using 600MB of memory and bringing the system to a grind :(
I would even be willing to pay for this as a second product. I just need audio. For images I have iPhoto, for video I have a DVD player.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 03:39:34 am »

Search the Windows area and you'll find that this question comes up on a routine basis.

For the Windows version it's easy. The software has the functionality to switch parts of the software on or off. So interface flexibility is designed in, so it's a non-issue.

In my case, I licenced MC for audio only. Once I realised its full capability in the Windows environment, I opted for a one stop shop. Each to their own but if/when MC goes Mac video/TV, then I'd suggest you give it a go. You may be pleasantly surprised. Even so, you should expect to have the config flexibility as per the Windows model. If not, there's something amiss.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Novatlan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 04:56:08 am »

Thanks for the answer!
I am familiar with the Windows version and of course know that features can be switched off. But they are still there in the application, making it bigger and take more RAM.
That's my main critique on iTunes and the only reason why I switched to MC.

Having all these features (even if they are hidden) makes the software incredibly bloated. Why not have seperate apps for audio, video and pictures? That would be much easier on the resources.

EDIT: Of course MC still is a great app and I really appreciate the mac version. I know most people want all media types, and am full aware that I am one of very, very few people with just audio. Just wanted to suggest keeping an audio-only version as a fork.

taschi71

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:09:10 am »

I use JRiver at work for presentations. There is no other presentation software that can do what JRiver can do.

• it plays audio
  • it plays video (pause, fastforward etc.)
  • it plays images (zoom & pan)
  • it imports playlists

screw powerpoint, screw keynote!

I wait for this to be available in the MAC version and then I say bye-bye to windows.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 07:34:17 am »

I use JRiver at work for presentations. There is no other presentation software that can do what JRiver can do.

• it plays audio
  • it plays video (pause, fastforward etc.)
  • it plays images (zoom & pan)
  • it imports playlists
Nice to hear.  Thanks.

We will come back to video for Mac.  I can't say when.
Pages: [1]   Go Up