INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about video thumbnails  (Read 718 times)

Daydream

• Citizen of the Universe
Questions about video thumbnails
« on: June 09, 2013, 12:37:40 am »

2 questions. First, do the thumbnails style - portrait or landscape - depends on the media type of the video? As in being hard coded and only changing the media type will allow a landscape style for say, movies?

Second thing about thumbnails. Are the ones made by MC automatically from videos (xx seconds inside the video, whatever the settings) supposed to copy over to the indicated folder with "Save Cover Art to external location specified in options"? If yes, well, in my case in doesn't work for "Videos" - my video caps or the likes. If they're not supposed to, well then... why not?

Thanks for any insight.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Questions about video thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »

The orientation is based on the Media Type and Media Sub Type, I believe.  They were first changed here:

18.0.85 (11/30/2012)
5. NEW: Revised how movie thumbnails are handled with regards to blanks and aspect ratio (changes are experimental, feedback welcome).

Thumbnails are generated, and saved internally to an MC-private location.

Video cover art, however, is stored next to the video file.

For video, cover art is always stored next to the file using the same filename as the video. For example, "Big Bang S01E11.mkv" will use "Big Bang S01E11.jpg" for cover art.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up