INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed Latest Version of MC18  (Read 1204 times)

ttwong

• Recent member
Installed Latest Version of MC18
« on: June 11, 2013, 10:47:01 pm »

Hello, i installed that latest version and playing videos off NAS is problematic.  The m2ts or mkv file started properly, but after about 20-30 seconds, frames start to drop, and audio starts to stutter.  After awhile the program almost hangs with only occasional video frame change and audio.

I've tested my LAN connection, and all videos play properly with VLC and Windows Media Player so have ruled out network issues.

What's happening?

Thanks,

Terrance

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Installed Latest Version of MC18
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:44:17 am »

Sorry you are having issues.  I have a Synology 1512+ w/ four 4TB drives.  I have all my BR and DVDs converted to mkv files ans they all work perfectly fine with 18.0.195.

What NAS aee you running?  Are there updates you could apply there?
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
NAS Network Playback Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:51:34 am »

If it helps for info, I've got a Thecus N5550 that was using four 3TB drives and I pulled MKVs over my network with MC18 no problem. I did a simple map network drive to a drive letter and that worked fine.

I'm in the process of upgrading to five disks and am changing the RAID level, so it's having a long hard think right now.

I'm thinking of setting up using iSCSI to (I expect) improve network speeds. This might be an option for you that could possibly help. I don't know. I'm a dabbler, really.

I suspect there are more elegant ways of skinning the cat but in my case MC talking to my NAS has worked without difficulty.

One thought that comes to mind is that some NAS makes include a media server module like Twonky (I know Thecus does but I don't use this functionality as MC does a sterling job). Do you have that option and can you pick up the Twonky DLNA server using MC, as an alternative?

The other thought that I have is this - what format is your LAN connection? WiFi? Or via ethernet cable? My setup uses an ethernet over power communication, that's an alternative to a dedicated wired up option. I know that video over my wifi at home can be problematic. Via a cable (even one that carries appliance voltage) - no issue.

Hope you resolve your hassles soon.

[Edit - you probably should have posted on this discussion board http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=7.0

Your post's subject heading is rather general. I've thrown up a suggested heading to prompt the flow of your creative juices]
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

ttwong

• Recent member
Re: Installed Latest Version of MC18
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:06:30 pm »

Thanks for your comment.  I have a Netgear NV+ v2, with 4 3 tb drives running on Xraid.  I can get 25 mbit reads in Windows, but obviously not getting that speed, on MC.  I run a gigabit ethernet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up