INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to outut 24 bit audio to Onkyo TX Sr-605 via HDMI  (Read 1396 times)

darkphilli

Unable to outut 24 bit audio to Onkyo TX Sr-605 via HDMI
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:47:35 pm »

Hi all,

I recently bought an Onkyo TX SR-605 in order to output my surround sound flacs via HDMI. I had be using SPDIF with my old receiver and outputting audio as Dolby Digital (handy feature.) Anyway I wanted uncompressed PCM so I pulled the trigger on the Onkyo off of ebay. I got it unpacked and setup but for some reason I can't play back any 24bit audio. The only way to get it to work is by having J River convert audio to 16bit on the fly. Really disappointed right now. The Onkyo is supposed to support uncompressed PCM up to 8 channels at 24/192. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. I have J River set to Wasapi Even Style. I was wondering if that would cause it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

*update* so I just tried using foobar2000 with wasapi event style and it works flawlessly with 24bit material. Good to know the issue isn't with the receiver. I'm still hoping for a fix so J River works. I am not a fan of foobar2000's UI. J River is by far the best media player I have used.

darkphilli

Re: Unable to outut 24 bit audio to Onkyo TX Sr-605 via HDMI
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:22:38 pm »

Just tried switching the output to direct sound. 24/96 goes to the onkyo no problem, but I was hoping I could accomplish this with Wasapi
Pages: [1]   Go Up