INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd behavior in Program Guide in Standard View  (Read 1198 times)

Grenache

• World Citizen
Odd behavior in Program Guide in Standard View
« on: April 25, 2013, 03:35:49 am »

When browsing the Program Guide in Standard View I see some odd behavior.

For example, if I look at the guide Thursday at 17:00 I see all programs for the rest of the day + programs for Friday until around 11:00.

Then, when I change the day in the combo box to Friday, I only see the programs from 17:00 and forward. So to list the programs for Friday between 11:00 and 17:00 I have to set the time back to 11:00.

Maybe this is only an "European time problem", but nonetheless quite annoying. Unless I'm missing something?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Odd behavior in Program Guide in Standard View
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:47:55 am »

Try updating to 18.0.171.  A similar problem has been fixed.

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 06:49:51 am »

Already running .171. Btw, this issue isn't new.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:14:33 pm »

It starts the listing at the day and time picked in the boxes at the top.

This way if you pick a time, say 19:00, you can mouse-wheel over the list of days and see what's on at prime-time each day.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 01:02:20 pm »

It starts the listing at the day and time picked in the boxes at the top.

I know, and it's nice that the time updates automatically.

This way if you pick a time, say 19:00, you can mouse-wheel over the list of days and see what's on at prime-time each day.

Yes, but when you're on a laptop without a mouse-wheel it's a bit tedious to change both the date and the time if you want to check all the programs for the following days. It would be really nice to have a "Show All" option as default in the date combo box (as requested here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77369.0). Or at least have the Program Guide show the next 24 hours from the time in the combo box. That way you only need to change the date. It also seems like a logical time interval. Would you please consider making this change?

Thanks.

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 07:22:50 am »

Sorry to bump this, but I just can't understand the logic behind this behavior. Does anybody else have the same experience? Or maybe it has something to do with European times?

To repeat, I choose a channel, the date is automatically set to June 12 and the time to 14:00. The Guide is listing 14 shows until June 13 at 02:45. When I change the date to the next day (June 13) I get a new list of 14 shows from 14:05 until June 14 at 02:40. So if I want to see the shows on June 13 between 02:45 and 14:05 I have to set the time back to 02:30. Why I must do this is beyond me?! If you forget to adjust the time and only change the date, you easily miss an important program, and there is plenty of room to show more than 14 at a time.

Am I missing something here? If not, this should be easy to change. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up