INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of the movies not shown in the video list  (Read 1688 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Some of the movies not shown in the video list
« on: June 13, 2013, 10:13:54 am »

Hi,
besides music, I am now also starting to organize my video collection with JR Media Center. I just discovered that not all available videos are shown in the list.

For example - two videos, both AVI-format, in the same folder, about the same length. One is shown, the other one not?!?

I tried to auto-import all content from the folder, but still several movies are not shown in the movie list.

I am using the latest MC18 on Win8.

What could that be?

Thanks a lot.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Some of the movies not shown in the video list
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:16:53 am »

Sometimes a file will end up under the wrong media type.  Search for it in audio, etc.  You can edit the Media Type (a tag).

Al ex

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 10:22:22 am »

Sometimes a file will end up under the wrong media type.  Search for it in audio, etc.  You can edit the Media Type (a tag).

Wasnt successfull in searching in MUSIC or IMAGES for the movie title. Maybe there is some problem with the movie title as well?

Is there a way to search for "show all videos, regardless where they are"? Maybe also with "length between 1h:30 and 2h:30?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:28:07 am »

Try playing it, just to see what happens.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 01:58:35 pm »

Also, if you used auto-import, Carnac may have tried (and failed) to determine the movie title from the filename. So the file may actually be present under a different name. Carnac makes occasional errors.
One way to find the files, or determine whether they really are not there is to select only avi files from your panes, and then sort all the files by [filename (path)].

Al ex

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 01:54:44 am »

Try playing it, just to see what happens.

Playing the movie in MC is no problem.
Still,  it is not shown in the list. I also cannot search for the title, which is shown, while the movie is playing... :(

Al ex

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 01:56:15 am »

Also, if you used auto-import, Carnac may have tried (and failed) to determine the movie title from the filename. So the file may actually be present under a different name. Carnac makes occasional errors.
One way to find the files, or determine whether they really are not there is to select only avi files from your panes, and then sort all the files by [filename (path)].

I also tried that, but all listed movies are identified as having the correct title, there is no movie in the list shown with an unknown or weird name...

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 04:14:15 am »

Try adding "Date Imported" to the displayed fields. Then list in descending order. The newest additions will be at the top.

Al ex

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 05:45:02 am »

Finally found out, what the issue was: as Jim already mentioned earlier, it was related to wrong tags. After setting MEDIA TYPE and MEDIA SUB TYPE to VIDEO and MOVIE, it is now recognized, and the movie is imported to the list.

Thanks for all for comments and a special thanks to Jim  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up