INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming to Gizmo - any chance?  (Read 940 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Streaming to Gizmo - any chance?
« on: June 14, 2013, 09:08:36 pm »

Hi Guys,

Now that we have network streaming available, any chance of getting it tied into gizmo as well?

I know it would probably involve on-the-fly conversion to a reliable format, and that my little atom system probably wouldn't handle it, but it would be great to have for when I eventually update it and for those already running gruntier systems.

Cheers,

J.

Flinkly

Re: Streaming to Gizmo - any chance?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »

I second this.  being able to either control the TV guide as a remote to the HTPC running media center, or to be able to stream to the phone. and the computer would be doing all the conversion work.  doesn't even need to do it in real time.  lag/buffering (vs. watching the TV show the instant it's broadcast) would be totally acceptable.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Streaming to Gizmo - any chance?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 07:53:49 pm »

You can do this in the old fashioned way...

Start recording the show you want to watch on your gizmo from your HTPC / Server, which creates a file immediately under Video, then you can play it.

I don't know how things will go transcoding the file at the same time as it's being written to, but you may want to give it a try if "live" streaming isn't that important to you.

I'm all for a "Second screen" experience for gizmo on Tablets these days... Ability to control MC and see information on what's playing on Gizmo, be it a movie, a TV show, an artist, a CD... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up