INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Playlists Disappear  (Read 2242 times)

kewe65

• World Citizen
Library Playlists Disappear
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »

My playlists started disappearing with MC18, it appears to be happening with the software updates.
The only solution has been to restore from back up. 

kewe65

• World Citizen
Re: Library Playlists Disappear
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 08:10:21 pm »

The songs from my playlists disappeared again.  This happens routinely and i've noticed not necessarily when i perform an upgrade.

What is the problem?  I have to keep restoring from a back up i make every time i update.

Fex

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 11:50:05 am »

My playlists are gone for the first time since years after my update today (and are back after a library restore, Version: 18.0.206.0 Registered).

There indeed could be a problem?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 10:20:38 am »

Double-check where you keep your Media Library and make sure nothing is removing it.

When you update, install over the top (don't uninstall).

MC makes library backups automatically, so you can restore from one if you ever have a problem.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 01:49:20 pm »

My media library has not moved or changed its network location in years, going back to roughly MC 14 at least.

It does not appear to be specific to an update, which i do normally as you describe.

While MC does do automatic back-ups, i can't tell which one is the most current before the playlists' content disappears....

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 07:03:13 pm »

The other thing that is happening after i restore a library is that it basically re-imports *EVERYTHING* back into the library even when there's nothing that needs reimporting.  it imports files that have been manually excluded from the library

so all of this is a heck of a lot of fun fixing every couple weeks...   ?

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 05:32:21 pm »

question on this issue (it continues to occur sporadically as described above).

is it possible that MC18 has a problem with a file location that is not a physical disk location but a network address?  I have it as \\tortuga\Music instead of S:/Music

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 06:23:40 pm »

Well, one year later and i still am experiencing this problem of the content of playlists disappearing.  was happening with MC 18 and now 19.  Wasn't happening with 17 and I've been using a a network server to store the audio files since probably MC 13. 

Every few weeks i check some specific static playlists and i'll see half or more songs missing.  I then restore from the back-up, run auto import and then save a back up.

I don't think this is how the program should work and i just don't see how this is only happening to me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up