INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Launch Theater View In Any Post-193 Build  (Read 1125 times)

BrianS

• Recent member
Unable to Launch Theater View In Any Post-193 Build
« on: June 17, 2013, 04:49:51 pm »

I am unable to launch Theater View within MC18 in any build later than 193 on my Windows 7 x64 HTPC. I receive an "Error Starting 3D Engine (error getting adapter information)" error message. If I revert to build 193 or earlier...no issues. I get the same behavior with the last three iterations of the ATI Catalyst driver I have on hand, and with or without Aero enabled. I am wondering if the Theater View presentation changes for Windows 7 and 8 introduced in build 194 are in play. Has anyone else experienced any similar issues post build 193?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Unable to Launch Theater View In Any Post-193 Build
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 04:57:09 pm »

I have Windows 7 64-bit and have had no trouble with Theater View post build 193.

BrianS

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 05:04:59 pm »

What video card and driver are you using Mojave? I've an Asus HD 6570 currently using ATI's latest display driver, verion 12.104.

BrianS

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »

Also, sometimes I receive the "error creating Direct3d device (0x8876086C))" message variant when attempting to launch Theater View within a post 193 build. Video playback itself is fine.

paul1970

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Fractious Ingrate
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 02:12:03 pm »

In case you haven't already resolved this: When I had this problem I found that disabling 'fullscreen exclusive' was a successful workaround. Not noticed any other side-effects.
Heaven: The nicest speakers I can afford (set up with attention paid to room interactions) and an amp that can power them adequately. Plus any old competently designed cables, DAC and a bit-perfect source

BrianS

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 06:50:38 pm »

Thank you for the kind suggestion, Paul. I had a similar thought a while back and tried disabling the fullscreen exclusive option without success. I tried it again a few minutes ago...same result. I'll continue working on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up