INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help setup WASAPI to work with 24bit/96khz  (Read 2737 times)

dac0964

• Recent member
Help setup WASAPI to work with 24bit/96khz
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »

Here's a background of my setup.  I have HP laptop with Realtek sound card.  My OS is Windows 7.  I connected an external DAC via USB.  I have configured JRiver output mode to WASAPI and settings to 'Disable event style' and the Device selected is 'SPIF Out (USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio).  However, it will not play a 24/96 file (bought from HDTracks) unless I change the output format (in the DSP Studio) from a 96,000 hz (input) down to 44,100 (output).

I've read that this could be because Windows 7 re-sample down to 44.1 khz all audio input.  Is this true?  If yes, is there a way to overide or defeat this Windows 7 default?  I thought this was what WASAPI does?  ?

Appreciate your help.

rayooo

• World Citizen
Re: Help setup WASAPI to work with 24bit/96khz
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:13:47 pm »

Is there a USB driver that you have installed to run with your external DAC?

If so....and if you've not already done so, check this:   

With your DAC connected to your player, go into Windows 7 Devices and Printers and find your DAC Device.

If you highlight the device and select properties-settings, there is a list of sample rate settings to select as "supported by the device".
In my case, when I do a clean install and add the USB DAC Driver to Win7, I have to go into this setting and manually select the various sample rates as being supported by the DAC.

..in my case I select them all. (44.1 up to 192) I'm trying to remember if any other settings are necessary... once you are in there to verify the sample rates you'll see other settings which may be of interest.

you can then even do the "test" there, where each sample rate selected will play a bit to verify the operation. (this is without JRiver even loaded)

This is typically all I have to do beyond selecting WASAPI Event and then selecting the actual DAC device in MC.

MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7

dac0964

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 01:46:49 am »

Is there a USB driver that you have installed to run with your external DAC?

If so....and if you've not already done so, check this:   

With your DAC connected to your player, go into Windows 7 Devices and Printers and find your DAC Device.

If you highlight the device and select properties-settings, there is a list of sample rate settings to select as "supported by the device".
In my case, when I do a clean install and add the USB DAC Driver to Win7, I have to go into this setting and manually select the various sample rates as being supported by the DAC.

..in my case I select them all. (44.1 up to 192) I'm trying to remember if any other settings are necessary... once you are in there to verify the sample rates you'll see other settings which may be of interest.

you can then even do the "test" there, where each sample rate selected will play a bit to verify the operation. (this is without JRiver even loaded)

This is typically all I have to do beyond selecting WASAPI Event and then selecting the actual DAC device in MC.

Yes I have installed a driver...

Followed your instructions and YES... it worked!!!  :D

Many, many thanks for the help  ;D ;D

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:37:48 am »

Great! enjoy!    ;D
MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7
Pages: [1]   Go Up