INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library sync + Third Party Cloud Sync  (Read 1080 times)

DrKNo

• World Citizen
Library sync + Third Party Cloud Sync
« on: June 18, 2013, 04:45:46 am »

First of all: I'm new here, so: Hello everyone!

I am also new to JRiver - I used MediaMonkey up to now, but after having a look and understanding the versatility of JRiver, I want to migrate. I really don't know how I missed this great piece of software for so long. Most of my workflows were unproblematic to translate into JRiver, but I have one Question I must have an answer to before I switch completely. I hope someone knowledgeable can help me out.

The Thing is: I use third Party software (Spideroak) to synchronize and backup my collection over various Systems. The usage of Spideroak is (unfortunately?) not up to discussion for various reasons. So from Spideroak alone, we can guarantee that everything that is written to the media files will be synchronized with every other System. But not so the library!

Now, I understand that there is a Library synchronization feature, that allows me to uncheck "merge Files" and check "Merge Playlists". If I schedule this to happen regularly, will the following scenarios work?

1) I change a Tracks Metadata, JRiver writes to disk, Spideroak synchronizes File, other JRiver Instances automatically updates Tag from Disk
2) I edit a Playlist in JRiver instance A. Will Playlist changes arrive at JRiverB?
3) Does Library sync cause changes to files on the system if I disable "merge Files"? This might cause a recursive Backup...

Thank you very much for your advice. I'll probably come back for more sooner or later ;)

DrKNo

• World Citizen
Re: Library sync + Third Party Cloud Sync
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 03:54:57 pm »

I now understand that syncing files is unnecessary. Having files on the same path does not help. Instead - File Locations need to be configured in the Options - only tracks that adhere to these rules are found on the other side of the sync.

So this can be considered solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up