INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacks, dup tracks and full albums.  (Read 7835 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Stacks, dup tracks and full albums.
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:16:04 pm »

Trying to have the best of all worlds and I think I got it working.  

I have several albums with duplicate tracks where I normally only want to see one of the duplicates in my track list.  Examples would be best of compilations + original album, or studio album + live album where I prefer to always hear the studio album version.  For these duplicates, I have added them to a stack with my preferred version on top.  I also have lots of handheld conversion stacked files.

Trying to build a view that does the following:
Shows artists & albums and shows all tracks on every album, even if in a stack.
So for the compilation example:
I have Rush Moving Pictures (BluRay) and Rush Chronicles (CD).
'Tom Sawyer' is on both, so it is stacked with the Moving Pictures 96/24 stereo version on top.
When I select Moving Pictures, I want the version from that album.
When I select Chronicals, I want the version from that album.
In my general track list, I want the Moving Pictures (stack top) version.

I created the following file display rules on the normal 'Artists & Albums' view and it seems to be working correctly:
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Media Sub Type]=[Audiobook] -[Album]=[] -playlistid==480129141,=168913005 -[Genre]=[Classical] -[Stack Tag]="HH Conversion" ~d=mk

-playlistid==480129141,=168913005 just gets rid of duplicates I have permanently hidden 'no matter what' (but don't want to delete from disk for whatever reason).
-[Genre]=[Classical] is there because my Classical albums have their own special view

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stacks, dup tracks and full albums.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 06:33:20 am »

Interesting.

I don't really get Stacks, for a long time now I have ignored them.  :-[

I wonder if they can be used in place of my Custom Artist field which I use to "pull" out Tracks from (Multiple Artists) into a Custom Artist Tile view (so you can view all their songs in one place).

I'll look into this tonight.

icstm

• World Citizen
Re: Stacks, dup tracks and full albums.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 07:43:37 am »

@BartMan01
Nice work, I use stacks for simple things and generally do NOT wish to see below the top one. But if I did this is nice.

However I finding the stacking process itself could be easier. Though it is supposed to put the larger file on top, I often find it prefers mp3 to flac
Pages: [1]   Go Up