INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 hanging when first loading HTC One X device  (Read 1008 times)

Funkmeister

• Recent member
MC18 hanging when first loading HTC One X device
« on: May 25, 2013, 07:49:37 am »

I wonder whether anyone else has this issue?  I'm on 18.0.189 and every time I plug in my One X to sync it hangs when trying to find the phone.  If I unplug the phone and plug it back in again a couple of times it usually then finds it.  Obviously something isn't quite right.

Once it's connected and MC 'sees' the phone it then does what I need it to (transcode FLAC to ogg and place in the Music folder on the phone with relevant artwork).

Is this something anyone else has experienced or can replicate?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC18 hanging when first loading HTC One X device
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:58:32 am »

Try waiting.  MC needs to know what is already on the device.

Funkmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:30:03 am »

Thanks for the reply Jim but I've left it for nearly 10 minutes before and still nothing.  Unplugging and reconnecting the USB lead usually pops up the contents of the phone immediately.

I've tried removing & ignoring the device, then re-adding it afresh but it still does the same thing.  How long should JRiver take to find, read and display the contents of the phone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:42:00 am »

Try a different USB port.

It could take a minute or two, but not ten.

Funkmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 10:51:24 am »

Hi Jim,

I gave up on this for a while and have just simply not added any new music to my phone for the last few weeks.  However, I'd really like to get it working as it bugs me that it doesn't.  It does seem to be an issue with MC18's detection rather than an issue with the phone itself.

The only work-around I've found is getting MC to forget the device then redetect it and reinsert all my settings; it then works until I reconnect the phone again.

Any ideas?  Is there any log of some sort I can provide you with that might show where it's hanging?
Pages: [1]   Go Up