INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Subscribed Record Generates single file  (Read 2588 times)

coxianuk

• Recent member
TV Subscribed Record Generates single file
« on: June 29, 2013, 02:51:41 pm »

Hi,

Just converting from WMC to MC18 and generally very pleased however I have noticed that when I do a subscription record of a series which has back to back episodes (not necessarily from the same season) I get a single file generated rather than one for each episode.

Setup a record for Time Team which today had 4 episodes on the same channel, back to back and now have a 4 hour video file containing all 4 episodes.

Is anyone seeing the same or know of a work around. If not could this be considered for a future release.

Thanks

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Subscribed Record Generates single file
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 08:29:51 pm »

Perhaps best in the TV section.  ;)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 06:57:03 am »

Check your "recording rules" for that program. Maybe a hint of what went wrong.

coxianuk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 10:33:38 am »

I have looked at the recording rules and can see nothing obvious. I have selected All Showings with ignore past episodes (Program does have episode information). I have selected multiple channels as I wish to pick up older episodes I am missing. I have medium priority and start and end 2 mins either side of the program. Each episode is listed separately in the To Be Recorded list.

I have noticed, looking at the To Be Recorded list for other, similar rules, duplicate episodes are marked for recording.

I have a Black Gold Technologies twin tuner which MC has detected correctly and both tuners are configured for dvb-t.

What am I missing?

EDIT 1:
Note the following http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77505.0 entry where someone else is seeing the same issue.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 08:19:37 pm »

"...  when I do a subscription record of a series which has back to back episodes (not necessarily from the same season) I get a single file generated rather than one for each episode."

Bug confirmed today.

dorsetjon

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 04:40:30 am »

Is there any update on this? I am trailing MC and have hit the same issue. A fix would be very useful.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 07:58:15 am »

It is on my list of fixes.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dorsetjon

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 11:18:28 am »

All,

This was fixed in 19.103. I tested over the weekend and consecutive episodes now record separately for me.

TomB

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 04:39:33 pm »

I am using 19.0.114 and seem to be having a similar problem.

I have 5 subscription recordings that typically air back to back on the same TV channel.  All subscriptions start 2 minutes before and end 2 minutes after.  MC is setup to record the shows as JTV files.

After recording completes, the database indicates all information as expected (Series, Name & Duration).  The first 4 shows are 34 minutes in length and the 5th show is 64 minutes in length

However when I play the recordings, the 1st show has a length of 35:02 and behaves as expected.
The 2nd show has an actual length of 1:05:02 and doesn't start until 33 minutes in.
The 3rd show has an actual length of 1:35:02 and doesn't start until 63 minutes in.
The 4th show has an actual length of 2:05:02 and doesn't start until 93 minutes in.
The 5th show has an actual length of 3:05:02 and doesn't start until 123 minutes in.

In addition, with the exception of the 1st show, bookmarks are being ignored.  Playback behaves as if the show has already been played, starting from the beginning of the 1st show.

All the files are in the same folder so MC does not allow me to move the recordings of each show to it's own folder.

If I record as TS files, I do not have this problem.  However, I sometimes experience pixelation and dropouts so I would prefer to use JTV since this format is not as CPU intensive.

Is this still a bug?

Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 04:06:11 pm »

I tried it yesterday, with subscription of a "marathon" series for the entire afternoon.  I did not see the problem you described.  Any other clues?

TomB

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 05:20:23 pm »

I am using Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuners (4 tuners).  Would that make any difference?

Anything in my configuration that I should look at that would be helpful to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,
Tom

TomB

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 02:27:30 am »

Yaobing, I think I am getting a handle on this problem.

If I play the recordings on the same computer they were recorded on, then everything seems to be OK. Program lengths are what they are suppose to be and playback starts at the appropriate place.

However, if I play the recordings from a client computer, that is when I see the behavior I described in my earlier post.

One other thing, it sure would be nice if I could copy each show to it's own folder, but I'm guessing that is not supported at this time based on the error message I receive when I try that operation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Tom

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 06:48:08 am »

Thanks for the info.  I will look into the client server part of it.

TomB

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 10:41:29 pm »

Are there any updates on this issue?  Curious if this this is an actual bug that will be addressed in a future update.

Thanks, Tom

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 09:07:34 am »

No update yet.  Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up