INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images: Managing and adding GPS location  (Read 1658 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« on: July 01, 2013, 09:05:29 am »

I'm planning to add the GPS location manually to many of my images that are missing this. I know about the Longitude and Latitude tag. But is possible to get a better view of which images are missing this data? Like a text or small icon under the thumbnails?

I also would like to know if there is way to add the GPS location by using a map inside MC? Or do anyone know of a plug in to MC that can do this?

Many thanks for any help

Hans

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Images: Managing and adding GPS location
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 11:32:52 am »

Each use Search to find items that are missing this data (to narrow any current view), or create a view, or modify an existing one, that adds the Location information either as a pane column, or as maybe second line in Thumbnail text.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 02:57:27 pm »

Thanks for a such quick reply MrC!

I created another pane with Longitude and selected Unassigned and that work great.

But do you know if there is a easy way to add the Longitude and Latitude data with the help of map in MC? Adding this data to the tag with digits and numbers takes a lot of time. What I'm looking for is something that let me select perhaps 5 images and put them on a map (Google map for example). After that the Longitude and Latitude data is stored in the images tag.

Thanks for any help

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 03:05:06 pm »

You're welcome.

There's no mapping functionality or mechanism short of manually adding the data as you're doing now.  This task might be best done using another tool that provides the abilities you need.

There are other folks here on Interact that use MC for images much more than I, so maybe someone will provide some good suggestions for you.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 03:58:10 pm »

Ok, thanks anyway :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up