INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to test all music to see if it plays  (Read 1604 times)

Docfxit

• Recent member
How to test all music to see if it plays
« on: July 02, 2013, 10:59:57 pm »

Is there a way to test all music to make sure it plays?

I have 10,000 files.  I know some of them won't play.  I'd like to find the ones that won't play and figure out why.

Thanks,

Docfxit

Marra

• World Citizen
Re: How to test all music to see if it plays
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:35:27 am »

You could try playing 5 second previews under Player-Preview Mode.  Or if files are missing, use expression if(ismissing(),file is missing,file is here) - this can take some time.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 04:28:09 am »

Good idea to take the 5 seconds preview! Should only take fourteen hours which is quite a fair amount of time. You should see a yellow warning icon (may vary depending on your skin) for all files which failed to play in the end.

You could also use Library Tools -> Analyze Audio. I'm unsure if it will identify all unplayable files for sure. But if it runs faster (I guess it should) it could be worth a try...

Docfxit

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:42:13 am »

I ran the analyze feature on all songs.  I noticed that some of them showed a status of error.  I also ran into an Information error that stopped the analyze from continuing.  The error is:
"The last several files have caused errors.  Processing has been halted."

How can I find the files that have errors?
How can I find the files that have caused errors and halted the analyze feature?

Thanks,

Docfxit

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 03:49:03 pm »

I never had a number of errors which made MC stop analyzing. You should be able to see the errors in the "Analyze Audio" window. You can click the column header "Status" to sort. All error files should be shown in a row then.

Docfxit

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

I don't see column header status in Ver. 18.

How can I find that column?

Thanks,

Docfxit

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 05:12:00 pm »

It's not a header of a regular MC view but in the "Analyze Audio" window. You have to start the analyze process. In the end you can use the column header to sort your files.

Docfxit

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 05:17:58 pm »

That's super.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I selected all songs, I opened the Analyze audio window, All files were cued.  I selected Analyze. 

I starts analyzing and shows in the Status column that 11 files have errors.  Then it shows a window saying:
"The last several files have caused errors.  Processing has been halted."
I select Ok (the only option available) and the status changes to Queued again.  It won't let me bypass the ones with errors and continue analyzing the ones without errors and let me end up with only a list of files with errors.

How can I find out what the errors are?
How can un-queue the files that have errors so the rest of the files can be analyzed.  I would really be nice if there was a way for the analyzer to finish the process on all files without errors.

I know it's possible to re-select all files.  It would be difficult to find the ones with errors to leave those out of the selection.  It would be nice to have the capability to only select the files that haven't been analyzed.

Thanks,

Docfxit

dean70

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 05:42:37 pm »

I have seen this occur with analysis audio. Usually retrying the failed tracks will go through the second time. Not sure why they fail randomly.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 03:24:28 am »

I never ran into random errors as far as I remember. I have had very few file (lower than 10) that failed analysis but were playing fine.

I think the best thing you could try to do is to figure out, what all the failing files have in common. As there seem to be quite much of them there should be something I'd bet. Perhaps you can then find the failing files without playing or analyzing them. Are the Analyze failing ones are the not playing ones?

You could share some of the files, if you don't find the things in common.
Pages: [1]   Go Up