INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD ISO  (Read 10002 times)

BigMac

• Junior Woodchuck
SACD ISO
« on: July 07, 2013, 03:53:44 am »

When the SACD ISO and some other formats, like FLAC, files physical location has been changed, we can change library using [Tool]- [Library Tool]-[Rename, Move, & Copy Files...].

After this process, we can playback FLAC and other format files without issues, but SACD ISO.  I find out that the numbers after .ISO files has gone and it may cause issues.

Please see the attachment.

Thank you,

SH

http://www.pcaudio.kr/data/file/forum01/2039114015_2lRrmOSt_000.jpg

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: SACD ISO
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:49:20 am »

For now, this is simply a limitation of using SACD ISO, CUE, etc. files.

The issue is that SACD ISO track entries point to a small region of a big file.

So what should happen to the big file if you move just one of the small region files?  Should it make a second copy of the big file?  Or should it move all the other small region files?

I think we'd probably need to ask the user, but there's no mechanism for this complexity in MC at the current time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BigMac

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:39:10 pm »

For now, this is simply a limitation of using SACD ISO, CUE, etc. files.

The issue is that SACD ISO track entries point to a small region of a big file.

So what should happen to the big file if you move just one of the small region files?  Should it make a second copy of the big file?  Or should it move all the other small region files?

I think we'd probably need to ask the user, but there's no mechanism for this complexity in MC at the current time.

it happen when move few music folders to newly add HDD or with different folder path and try to reorganize library to meet new path.

It seems that after import SACD ISO into MC library, the file path in library, there are track numbers after file names like ;1, ;2...  But after reorganize to library to new paths files, the track numbers are gone.  I think it may cause issue.

Thank you,

SH

The Computer Audiophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 12:36:14 am »

I just found the same or similar issue.

My music was stored in M:\DSD\Artist\Album\Album.iso

I moved the location to M:\Music\DSD\Artist\Album\Album.iso

I used the Find and Replace tool in MC to change the path of my files. Then ran a library import just to make sure everything was OK.

MC reported hundreds of files removed for example:

M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - Anyone Who Had A Heart.iso
    M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - Breakfast In Bed.iso
    M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - How Can I Be Sure.iso
    M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - I Don't Want To Hear It Anymore.iso
    M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - I Only Want To Be With You.iso
    M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - Pretend.iso
    M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - The Look Of Love.iso
    M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - Willie And Laura Mae Jones.iso
    M:\Music\DSD\Shelby Lynne\Shelby-Lynne_-_Just-A-Little-Lovin'_iso\Shelby Lynne - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me.iso

Now this album is listed as a single track with a duration of 5:16 the same as the first track.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:09:32 am »

Sorry for the trouble guys.

We'll put it on our list to try to improve the moving and renaming of ISO / CUE files in a future version.

The Computer Audiophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »

I ended up removing the albums from the MC library and re-adding them. I lost the metadata edits because there is no way to embed them into the file.

It would be kind of cool if MC could create a small txt file or something that is stored in the same folder as the ISO. This txt file could contain the custom edits as a backup. Almost like folder.jpg existing with the embedded album art. I know the MC db holds this stuff, but once albums are removed from the MC library there's no way to get the metadata associated with the removed albums back.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 02:56:46 pm »

It would be kind of cool if MC could create a small txt file or something that is stored in the same folder as the ISO. This txt file could contain the custom edits as a backup. Almost like folder.jpg existing with the embedded album art. I know the MC db holds this stuff, but once albums are removed from the MC library there's no way to get the metadata associated with the removed albums back.

We do exactly that for video files.  We call it sidecar tagging, and use a simple XML file (JRiver's MPL format).

Doing the same for audio files that don't support tags is a good idea.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 05:17:30 pm »

Matt: "Doing the same for audio files that don't support tags is a good idea."

If this included whole-album audio files whose track separations were imported using .CUE files, that would be quite helpful !

MrG

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 02:13:56 pm »

The sidecar files could help to share your metadata. Imagine me and my friend use the same tagging schema. We both have very rich set of tags we patiently populate from various sources (Mastering Engineer, Lyricist, Composer, Album Version, etc.). This is a time consuming process to tag with these details and sharing your metadata for particular albums would be great.

Having ISO files not taggable I decided all my music to have metadata in internal database rather than in the files. Therefore all my files are read-only and not to be touched by any software. Can the sidecar idea be enhanced not to just ISO and FLAC image files (these single ones with corresponding .cue) but also to all the files? This would allow me to exchange metadata also for standard FLAC-by-tracks rips.
I can imagine this to be set up in the options (e.g. turn on for ISO and FLAC image, turn off for FLAC tracks).

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 05:23:36 pm »

I am really looking forward to the sidecar tagging feature for SACD ISOs. It is essential for me to be able to access my SACD ISOs on the NAS from several computers running JRiver MC.
For the time being I use a workaround:
- Tag the ISOs on my main PC
- Backup the Library on the main pc and copy the backup file to the second pc
- Restore the library on the second pc
- Now the second PC will have all the tags of the ISOs in the library
Works ok, but it would be much more elegant to have the tags in a sidecar file, similar or identical to sacd_metabase http://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/sacd_metabase/

Is there already a timeplan, by when sidecar tagging for SACD ISOs will be implemented?
Thanks and regards
Rudi

cmbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 05:21:22 am »

Any news on this one?

Thanks

connersw

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 10:35:24 am »

Bumping this because I am having a similar issue after doing a Rename, Move, & Copy Files.  I realize that Sidecars for SACD ISO files have not been implemented, but has there been a fix for using the Rename, Move, & Copy Files operation with them?

After doing a Rename, Move, & Copy Files, it moved the ISO in Windows Explorer, but it changed the name to represent only Track 1.  Worse, only Track 1 was available in my Library.  I tried to rename the file as the whole Album hoping MC would re-import it; however, it then disappeared.  When I try to manually import the ISO (right-click in Windows Explorer -> Media Center -> Import), I get the "Skipped 1 file (previously determined to be bad)" error.  If I try to drag-and-drop into MC, it does nothing.

I tried to Restore Library from an older version, and that didn't help either.  Any suggestions on how to get this Album back into my Library? 

noisyscott

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 08:11:50 pm »

Just bumping because I too would love to see sidecar support added, or at least a way to move SACD ISO files around w/o losing all of the edited metadata.
Pages: [1]   Go Up