INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual audio output or Zones  (Read 1586 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Dual audio output or Zones
« on: July 08, 2013, 10:01:19 am »

Hi

I have a Asus Eeebox 1012P connected to my TV via HDMI (running MC). Now I want to make an audio connection to my amplifier for music listening, without the need of the TV set to be on. The Eeebox has a S/PDIF audio jack. But when I insert a plug into that one the TV set goes black. It seems like the S/PDIF jack blocks the HMDI port. I also tried the 3,5 mm analog audio output but when I use it the audio thru the HDMI disappear.

Is there some way MC can handle this? With Zones? In the Windows (Windows 7) audio settings I can find both the HDMI and the SPDif audio device but it seems like they cant be used at the same time.

Many thanks for any help

Hans

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dual audio output or Zones
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:38:56 am »

You can set up two zones - one that outputs to HDMI and the other that outputs to analogue (configured in Audio Output Mode). Then select the relevant zone that you want to play to.

You can define automatic rules which will switch zones for you, for example audio always going to analogue, video always going to HDMI. Search for ZoneSwitch for more help on this.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Re: Dual audio output or Zones
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »

Thanks Csimon!

I got it to work! And even with using HDMI and the S/PDIF. I don't know why the TV went black last time I tried to use it. I guess now I even could use the 3,5 mm analogue output for an extra zone to the kitchen :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up