INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skins and plug in -where is it?  (Read 2819 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
Skins and plug in -where is it?
« on: July 08, 2013, 01:58:53 pm »

I just noticed, that the skins and plugin  menu  not being dsiplayed. Has it been removed?
I am using version 18.0.206
I then loaded version 17??, It is in there.
Thanks.
George

CountryBumkin

Re: Skins and plug in -where is it?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 04:13:23 pm »

Try Tools>Options>Theater View>Appearance>Themes:default. There is an option there to load a new theme. I hope this helps.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:42:49 pm »

I'm sure it was removed when JRiver moved away from Microsoft MFC to there own code. They converted so they could produce Mac version.

John

Ekpen

Re: Skins and plug in -where is it? , and cover arts issues
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:26:27 pm »

Try Tools>Options>Theater View>Appearance>Themes:default. There is an option there to load a new theme. I hope this helps.

Greetings:
Thanks for your input. I have tried your suggestion and a few other options.. no luck yet.

Really, this is the last part of my new server  33TB server with 24 gig of memory. All on this server is MC 18 with a few utilities, no email nothing else.. dedicated to MC.
It is on Origen S21T. Screen size is 12 inches.
The library got  transfered , but half of the library folders have issues with cover arts, though the cover arts are in the folder, they are not displayed. It makes it look ugly both in Standard view and theater view to have music files displayed with ho cover arts.

I really do need this skin and other plug in to try to figure out which skin and theme will work on this 12 inches screen.
Right now, I will be deleting the library on this new HTPC, physically copy the Flac folder on a 1TB pocket drive, then try if the cover arts issues will be fixed.
No cover arts displayed and horrible picture on the screen is a NO-NOO on this beautiful HTPC.

Thanks again.
George.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 02:43:53 am »

I just noticed, that the skins and plugin  menu  not being dsiplayed. Has it been removed?
I am using version 18.0.206
I then loaded version 17??, It is in there.
Thanks.
George

Everythings there, maybe some changes but
- download (or make/modify your own skins http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Standard_View_Skinning_Tutorial)

Standard View Skins:

if you downloaded a skin with extension of *.mjp click on it and it will auto intall; then to load

Go Main Menu==>View==>Skins and choose the new skin to display

if you are downloading zip or rar skin files you need to have to put the files in both the Data AND Skins directory (under the main folder for MC) in the Data folder DO NOT REMOVE OR MODIFY EXISTING FILES/DIRECTORIES!!! check first that the new subdirectories are not named the same as the ones loaded for jriver. The ones you find on the Wiki will (should^^) not pose this problem

Theater View Skins:

Downloaded files would be located \Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Skins\Theater View and \Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Skins\Theater View\Themes; then to load

Go Options==> Theater View ==>Appearance==>Select from Theme AND Skin

As an example, Maverick gives detailed instruction for his files (not mjp) here http://maverick07x.deviantart.com/art/FusionX3-278840579 and here http://maverick07x.deviantart.com/art/FusionX3-278840579

Plugins:

Go DSP Studio ==> Manage Plugins

cheers

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 10:08:54 am »

In a related issue I'm having trouble installing a new skin in MC 18.  I just installed 18 and am still running 17, and not quite ready to uninstall it.  So the issue is when I open the .mjp file it always installs in MC17 by default.   How can I make it install to MC18 without uninstalling 17?

Nevermind, I solved the issue by moving the files from the MC 17 skin folder to the MC 18 skin folder manually, that worked fine
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Ekpen

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 11:22:27 am »

Everythings there, maybe some changes but
- download (or make/modify your own skins http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Standard_View_Skinning_Tutorial)

Standard View Skins:

if you downloaded a skin with extension of *.mjp click on it and it will auto intall; then to load

Go Main Menu==>View==>Skins and choose the new skin to display

if you are downloading zip or rar skin files you need to have to put the files in both the Data AND Skins directory (under the main folder for MC) in the Data folder DO NOT REMOVE OR MODIFY EXISTING FILES/DIRECTORIES!!! check first that the new subdirectories are not named the same as the ones loaded for jriver. The ones you find on the Wiki will (should^^) not pose this problem

Theater View Skins:

Downloaded files would be located \Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Skins\Theater View and \Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Skins\Theater View\Themes; then to load

Go Options==> Theater View ==>Appearance==>Select from Theme AND Skin

As an example, Maverick gives detailed instruction for his files (not mjp) here http://maverick07x.deviantart.com/art/FusionX3-278840579 and here http://maverick07x.deviantart.com/art/FusionX3-278840579

Plugins:

Go DSP Studio ==> Manage Plugins

cheers

Thanks.
I have  gone through all these. It has been removed.
It is still in MC 17.
George

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 01:22:53 pm »

Thanks.
I have  gone through all these. It has been removed.
It is still in MC 17.
George
I don't understand. I'm looking at them now. Just not exactly like in 17.  There's even a way to load zip files directly for theater view  in the options.

-- just checked my post and following it, it works.  Might not have time this w.e., but I can post a couple of screen shots, if that could help George?

Ekpen

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 02:01:11 pm »

I don't understand. I'm looking at them now. Just not exactly like in 17.  There's even a way to load zip files directly for theater view  in the options.

-- just checked my post and following it, it works.  Might not have time this w.e., but I can post a couple of screen shots, if that could help George?

Greetings:
What you are describing, is known. My concern is to go to the plug in menu via the Interact screen to actually download the  items or install them while Iam on the page.
In MC 17, it is still there, visible.
I have manually copied or loaded some of these folders that have my MC 17 skin and theater  skins.
Why was it it removed in MC18 in the first place. Maybe the migration from MFC <grin>
It is very convenience to install while on that page.
My new HTPC is a PC with 12 inches screen. I will like to install on the fly then see the effects of what is installed.
Because of the 12 inch screen size, some of the skins do not show very well. Images could be skewed.
I will need to test lots of skins that I have are not saved on my HD to see which works for this special size screen.

I tried last night to use MC17 to get these files, they have no names. but numbers like 817, so it is very difficult to know which screen is which.

Thanks again.

George.

Ekpen

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 11:01:42 pm »

I don't understand. I'm looking at them now. Just not exactly like in 17.  There's even a way to load zip files directly for theater view  in the options.

-- just checked my post and following it, it works.  Might not have time this w.e., but I can post a couple of screen shots, if that could help George?

Greetings:

This is an update to  my  issues:
MC 18.0.209:
Jim and Matt have secretly plugged in some surprises.
I do not know if someone has noticed these new surprises.
Options- Services- Manage Interface plug in,  and download plug ins.

Thanks.

I will be paying for my upgrade(s) as soon as money gets to my Paypal account.
Every year, I get two licenses for each PC running MC. It is cheap enough. I have no qualm doing this.
Thanks for the continued development. I look forward to having a Linux version, if it is going to be developed.
Also I hope the TV or Video features of MC will be improved, especially the Directv part, if it is feasible to integrate Directv with MC.
George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up