INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Lists Problem  (Read 1258 times)

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
Smart Lists Problem
« on: July 08, 2013, 07:44:11 pm »

I really love MC for its high-end support. I also love the client/server model so I can in MC on one media server and connect, control and stream remotely. But some aspects are absolutely dysfunctional, illogical, inconsistent and unintuitive!

I have started created Smart Lists and I get duplications all over the place (up to 20 instances!!!!) and even though I can go through and delete various smart lists, soon as I re-open the play they are all there again!!!! And yes I have deleted from connected clients AND ON THE SERVER ITSELF!!!

So how can I actually delete Smart Lists so they STAY DELETED!!!!!

Also, if deleting a Smart List from a client connected instance of MC should not be able to deleted a global Smart List on a server, then PREVENT THIS ON THE CLIENT or pop up a message or something for pete's sake!

Also, how do I create Play Lists that are GLOBAL and show up on ever remotely connected client instance?

pahunt

• World Citizen
Re: Smart Lists Completely Hooped in JRiver!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 03:41:47 am »

I've noticed what I believe is a related problem. Modifications I make to playlists and smartlists (on the library server or client) are sometimes lost. The only reliable method I have come up with is to close all library clients and then make the changes on the server so I assume it's to do with library server 2-way syncing getting confused.

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
Re: Smart Lists Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:04:01 am »

Yes I just figured that out as well, need to ensure no other clients are currently connected with different lists. But clearly the creation of multiple objects as it did in my case is an unmistakable bug in the way in which the application determines when and with which clients, to sync. Many things to like about MC, but some aspects are so remarkably dysfunctional and don't get me started on trying to create a carefully configured split-window view that STAYS and always loads! Even the most basic applications can "remember" a layout you configure and re-load the exact same way it was when it closed. Anyway, no program is perfect, MC seems to reinforce that, at least as far as the interface goes. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up