INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *Adding required components.. for every video file play [solved]  (Read 2485 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen

Hi,

Since upgrading to 18.0.193 everytime I play a video file be it a bd iso or mkv or mp4, MC18 pauses and gives this message before playing which is really annoying. Any ideas why it does this everytime now? Is there a setting that has changed or needs to be changed now since updating?

Thanks

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
Re: *Adding required components.. for every video file play
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 06:36:49 am »

bump for this please. Does no one else experience this?

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 07:20:22 am »

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 09:27:16 am »

This message normally occurs when one of the video filters (LAV or MadVR) has been updated and needs to be downloaded.  The only reason I can think of that it would occur every time is if the download can't be completed for some reason.  First, try updating MC as mentioned in the previous post.  If that doesn't fix it, try temporarily disabling firewall or anti-virus software.  The files are downloaded into the AppData directory which should always have permission for the current user.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 10:31:11 pm »

This message normally occurs when one of the video filters (LAV or MadVR) has been updated and needs to be downloaded.  The only reason I can think of that it would occur every time is if the download can't be completed for some reason.  First, try updating MC as mentioned in the previous post.  If that doesn't fix it, try temporarily disabling firewall or anti-virus software.  The files are downloaded into the AppData directory which should always have permission for the current user.

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately none of these things worked. I installed the latest MC18 2.09 and unsured that all users have permission on the APPdata folder. I have even tried manually updating madvr but now I have lost it from my right click menu so I am diggin myself into a bigger hole here! I might try uninstalling MC18 and starting again.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 11:07:22 pm »

SOLVED: Reinstall of MC 18 fixed the issue. NOt sure what version of madvr I am using but it all works now and no nmore "*Adding required components.." everytime so all happy!
Cheers

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: *Adding required components.. for every video file play [solved]
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 01:41:53 am »

SBR posted about it here also http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80287.msg546298#msg546298.

Uninstalling and reinstalling also 'worked' for me but only because the video renderer reverted back to red October. As soon as I restored to MadVr the problem recurred.

Changing the tray icon for madVr to "show only when playing on local machine" (or exiting alltogether like SBR) seems to have solved the problem (adds components once then good).

Cheers

icstm

• World Citizen
Re: *Adding required components.. for every video file play [solved]
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 08:18:15 am »

Changing the tray icon for madVr to "show only when playing on local machine" (or exiting alltogether like SBR) seems to have solved the problem (adds components once then good).
I think this should be posted somewhere as this is quite important info.

I wanted access to the icon, so that I could change the MadVR settings to create smoother playback on my machine. For some reason I have to disable Aero in Win7x64 when running dual screen with 23fps on the TV and a normal 75Hz on the monitor.

It never used to be a problem so it must have some in with an update to either MadVR or JRiver since about May or so?
Pages: [1]   Go Up