INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying radio & streaming audio  (Read 3126 times)

rst2303

Copying radio & streaming audio
« on: March 21, 2002, 06:06:12 am »

ZRocker answered my last inquiry by saying in MJ 8.0 beta, I could set playback output mode to Disk Writer and save the stream to a .WAV file which could then be loaded and burned.

Do I need 8.0 to burn the streaming files? If so, how do I get it?What can I do

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Copying radio & streaming audio
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 06:14:03 am »

RST2303 - see the thread  'MJ 8.0.231 Beta Available' and download.
Namaste,
John

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2002, 07:52:28 am »

Total Recorder is the best option I've been able to find.  From their site:

"Total Recorder can record sound being played by other sound players, either from a file or from the Internet. It can also record conventional audio from CD's,  microphone and other input lines on a sound card."

It's a nice option to have program that'll record independant of what software you're using to play an audio file with.  Well worth the $11.95 registration price.

http://www.highcriteria.com/productfr.htm#prod_TR

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2002, 08:21:39 am »

chaznet - Cool! Works like a charm!
Namaste,
John

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2002, 09:05:21 am »

I use Goldwave for this kind of recording and for a nice audio file editor.

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2002, 10:48:42 pm »

From Total Recorder FAQs:

"What is the difference between the recording source settings "Software" and "Sound Board"?

Recording (digital) sound from "Software" and (analog) sound from "Sound Board" are two very different things.

When the recording source is "Software", the path of the sound is:

When the recording source is "Sound Board", the path of the sound (using CD as an example) is:

Recording in "Software Accelerated Recording" mode is similar to recording from "Software" (see the figure above). The difference is that sound does not go to the Sound Board Driver and the Sound Board.

Sometimes you can have fully digital recording even in Sound Board mode. An example would be if both the CD drive and the sound board have digital connectors and are connected with a digital audio cable. "

Bottom line: apparently enables ripping of streams that are not recordable in other programs. Disadvantage: only .wav and mp3 ripping/encoding are available, though once you've ripped the .wav you can always convert to APE in MJ. Also can adjust settings for proper bitrate and frequency. Its worked like a charm for me.

HTH

zevele1

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2002, 04:59:58 am »

you can get on the fly songs rip in mp3 format if you use FeeAmp to play shout stream,as playlists from mp3.com.Each song as an mp3,not a hudge file with all the songs in it
TotalRecorder is great.In case of buffering,you still get the song/file without blank
For RealPlayer in my version,but Windows format as well in the last built
The problem is that if you want to rip a 2 hours concert in wav,better to have a big drive.......

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2002, 09:12:03 am »

I tried GoldWave -- probably just me, but couldn't get it to record.  It has a lot of features, but I prefer Total Recorder (and it worked great the first try), sometimes 'less is more'.  It's $40US.  Personally, I like SoundForge 5 XP Studio for editing, http://www.sonicfoundry.com/products/NewShowProduct.asp?PID=460 , it's $20 more though.  Add another $12 for Total Recorder and GoldWave becomes a bargain I guess.  I'm far from being an expert in the area, and wouldn't know much about the differences in features, though I really like being able to burn CD's from SoundForge -- didn't see that option in GoldWave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up