INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8.0.31 -> Cover Art Bug !  (Read 1104 times)

yannl

8.0.31 -> Cover Art Bug !
« on: March 21, 2002, 04:00:18 am »

Hi,
If you try to "import from web" the cover arts with version 8.0.31, and that you give a network path instead of a drive letter, it doesn't work.
Example:
g:\music©over arts -> I can retrieve cover arts
\server1\music\music©over arts -> I cannot retrieve cover arts. It inserts an empty link to an image that doesn't exist.

BTW, would it be possible to add a function to retrieve cover arts from all albums at once, without asking properties for the whole media library ? Mine is more than 5000 WM8 songs and I don't think it would work this way without crashing.
Just another thing: Is there a way to speed up the file opening on a LAN ? It's maybe more a Windows XP question than a MJ one, but it worth trying... (opening a file from my laptop to my server is ~3 time slower under Windows than from Linux to Windows...). Or maybe it is because of my library size ? Beuh... Any idea ?

Thanks again for your wonderful product (I'll definitely need a license for v8 final !!)

Yann L

P.S: lol, another one: Do you plan to add skining options to the Mega Me view in the future ;-?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:8.0.31 -> Cover Art Bug !
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 04:34:42 am »

Just wanted to double check this with you in case it was just a typo, but the machine name has to have two \ before it, not just one.

So it would be \server1\music\music©over arts

Also, is it possible that the space in "cover arts" is messing it up? Try renaming it "cover_arts" or something...

yannl

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 05:08:54 am »

Nope. Just a typo mistake.
Network path correct. "\". Anyway I have browsed the network, not even manually type the path, so...
But when it looks for the cover arts on the web, MJ tells me the path is "\my server\" instead of "\my server".
Definitely a bug somewhere

cjdsha

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2002, 07:55:31 am »

\server

cjdsha

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2002, 07:58:30 am »

Interact could be causing confusion. If you put two backslashes in, it interprets it as an escape character and shows one backslash. To get two to display, you need to put in four, like this \\\\
So a network path would be \\server1\music\music\cover arts
Also you need to put \\c if you don't want to get a copyright symbol (©)

yannl

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2002, 11:12:48 pm »

Yop. OK, so I have a normal \\ path. But everybody running a network is supposed to know how network paths work I guess...
So try by yourself and tell me what is wrong. I say it once again, there is a bug in the cover art function. If not... tell me what I do wrong... But I bet it's not on my side.
Give a try!

dragyn

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2002, 11:22:28 pm »

EDIT: GD@#%$...I'm half asleep. This post should have been in the bug thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up