INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some of my music has doubled up?  (Read 1076 times)

Wull

• World Citizen
some of my music has doubled up?
« on: July 14, 2013, 04:16:50 am »

Hi.

Is there a reason why some of my music has doubled up?

Not all of my albums, but some have the track listed twice with in an album?  ?

Is this because I import from a specific folder and the albums left in here are read over and over?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: some of my music has doubled up?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »

You won't see the exact same file (a track) twice.  You might have the same track in two locations on your system, and MC will consider these as distinct (and may group them together).

In the Audio > Files view, take a look at the Filename column.  You should see why there are doubles.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Ekpen

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:11:13 pm »

Hi.

Is there a reason why some of my music has doubled up?

Not all of my albums, but some have the track listed twice with in an album?  ?

Is this because I import from a specific folder and the albums left in here are read over and over?

Greetings:
I have experienced same problem. A new HTPC, just via network, transfered only one main folder from my Acer to the new  HTPC. I noticed files double up, and even some files appearing  out of sync- not in a folder.
What I plan on doing is to delete on the new HTPC, or erase the database MC18 already created. I only need one specific main folder that is EliteFlack to be on this new PC. Under the Eliteflac folder, I have cds then I have each individuals folder.(EliteFlac->cds- then each folder.
I have already copied these folders from the old PC to a 1TB usb drive. Later I will copy to the audio folder on the new HTPC.
If anyone has a better way of doing this without me looking at files that are double, please let me know. All tracks are Flac.
On the old acer, I do indeed have same file structure and folders with MP3 long time ago. MC just goes to pull information from other areas when bulder the database. I did specifically ask that I only need the Eliteflack\cds folders to import. MC18 went too far.
Could a new version be designed to respect choices made?

Thanks.
George

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 04:40:29 pm »

If files are in two different folder trees (typically due to copying), it is trivlal to remove one version or the other from MC.  Use the Audio > Files view, and sort by Filename (path).  Then, just select one set of the files (which will now be grouped), and press Delete.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 11:07:39 am »

Could it be that you have the individual track files imported and a playlist file such as an m3u for the same album? I'd noticed in the long-ago past that that would cause the tracks to show up twice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up