INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Numberpad on remote for going to a specific time in video?  (Read 1094 times)

nachoville

• Recent member
Numberpad on remote for going to a specific time in video?
« on: July 14, 2013, 05:45:43 pm »

I recently built an i7 HTPC which is controlled via Intel CIR header and a standard MCE remote.  Both the MCE and HID options are selected in the remote control "devices & options" page and by-and-large everything is working perfectly.

The number keys of the remote appear to be working properly as I'm able to, for instance, search youtube for cat videos (222=C, 2=A, 8=T, etc) ;D.  What I can't figure out is how to manually enter a time to go to when watching a video. 

For instance say I want to resume a video I'm watching at the 44th minute, is there any way to type "44" on the remote and go straight to that point? 

It appears the only options are to Fast Forward or Skip to the approximate location you want to resume. 

I really appreciate any insight you can offer on this.  Cheers!

cabu8803

• Recent member
Re: Numberpad on remote for going to a specific time in video?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 06:13:06 pm »

+1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 06:17:41 pm »

When watching a video, left and right will skip.  If you hold the remote button down, you'll go fast.

You can also configure the jump size in Options > Video.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nachoville

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 06:45:25 pm »

Gotcha.  Based on your response it sounds like there's currently no way to manually enter a time to jump to.  

I was aware that you can hold down the left/right key to help speed up the process.  I'd rather not modify the jump intervals as they work just fine for normal viewing (skipping by 30 seconds or so).  This solution seems less that ideal to me as they are two different scenarios, skipping 30 seconds (normal viewing) versus 90 minutes (resuming a movie 3/4 of the way through).

I pre-ordered MC19 yesterday.   Perhaps you could consider this as a feature request instead?

Thanks for all your hard work on this great application.  It's been a fun process learning the infinitely configurable, swiss army knife that is JRiver MC.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 12:17:10 am »

If you turn on bookmarks, MC will remember where you left off a video - provided it's in your library or on a disc(?)

nachoville

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:30:41 am »

If you turn on bookmarks, MC will remember where you left off a video - provided it's in your library or on a disc(?)

Thanks, that's a great tip.  I'll certainly look in to that option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up