INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Optical Drives Disappear  (Read 698 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Optical Drives Disappear
« on: July 15, 2013, 02:53:29 pm »

Hi,

I have a weird issue on both my Windows 8 x 64 laptop and my freshly installed Windows 2012 x64 server. I had MC 18 build 206 and now build 209 installed on both devices. The server has 4 optical drives and my laptop has 2 (one on the docking station).

If I put audio CD's into the drives on both devices Windows recognises it as an Audio disc and MC scans the disk OK and get the info from the net about its contents.

The problem happens when I rip the CD (any format but I normally use FLAC). After the CD has ripped and MC ejects the CD all my optical disks disappear from explorer even if you put other disks in. Restarting MC still doesn't show the disks for that I need to reboot the device.

Does anyone else have an issue with MC and windows 8/2012. I don't have any issues whatsoever on my old Windows 7 box.

I thought it may have been an issue with having AnyDVD installed on my laptop so I uninstalled it but it has never been on my 2012 server yet I have the same issue.

Any suggestions welcome before I end up with the good old Format C: and go to Windows Server 2008.

Thanks,

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up