INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJB.file same as MP3 File  (Read 1936 times)

zen123

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJB.file same as MP3 File
« on: September 08, 2003, 04:34:19 pm »

I converted my wav. audio files to MP3 and they are all now listed as mediajukebox.file.  Is that the same thing as an MP3?  If not, what format is a mjb.file?

Thanks

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: MJB.file same as MP3 File
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 01:49:29 pm »

describe what the icon for the file looks like and tell  us what the exact name is for the file.    

i am thinking you have a messed up file association in your registey but i want to know if you see a jukebox for the icon on the file.  

and if you told  the mjb to always take over the file associations.   dont let mjb take over mod files or .it files because there are a lot of them that are not music and will not play.

roving cowboy / keith hall

zen123

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 02:04:23 pm »

The icon is a MJB icon (looks like a mini jukebox).  This is how the files show up on my hard drive:

Type of File: MediaJukebox.File

I didn't tell MJB to take over file associations unless it did it automatically.  

How can I fix this?

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 02:12:20 pm »

if it did  look in the settings on the tool  menu in the  menu bar.  

if it was me i would go and have mjb reconvert them all  back to wav.  then i would go in to the settings and set up mjb again to make sure all the settings are correct then have it reconvert them back to .mp3  

but before i'd do  all that  I    would  just change one of the files from  what it is listed as to  say  file number one.mp3  and see if it plays in another player like winamp  if it does then you just need to find out what they are called and rename them one at a time.

I just thought you might not have the mp3 plug in also??  that might make it a .jmx file.    
roving cowboy / keith hall

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 12:31:25 am »

I didn't tell MJB to take over file associations unless it did it automatically.

That is the default behaviour on installation unless you specifically tell it not to take over file associations.

If MJ is associated as the default application for audio files, they will show as mediajukebox.file irregardless of what the different formats are. One of the panels in options will let you specify what files you want associated with MJ.

if it was me i would go and have mjb reconvert them all  back to wav.  then i would go in to the settings and set up mjb again to make sure all the settings are correct then have it reconvert them back to .mp3

I would absolutely not recommend doing this. Converting MP3 to WAV to MP3 will degrade the sound quality of your music files.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up