INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing and Recording Streaming Internet Video  (Read 1167 times)

KurtS

Viewing and Recording Streaming Internet Video
« on: July 16, 2013, 12:02:01 pm »

I originally bought MC 14 to manage and play my music library and soon after upgraded to version 15. I never tried using MC for video viewing. I now occasionally watch videos off the internet from the various tv network websites (e.g. abc.com, cbs.com, pbs.com, etc) and also live streaming music concert broadcasts (e.g. concertwindow.com). In the past I have always done this without using MC because a never saw the need to use it since just using my browser seemed to work fine. And other than the few predefined video channels (e.g. YouTube, Google Video), I don't see a way to look at other video sources that I normally look at using a browser. And I haven't been able to find anything documented about this in MC help so here I am. So first question is ... can MC (an updated version if necessary) be used to watch video for any internet sources? 

Like I said viewing video via a browser has worked in the past but, when I try to watch live concerts on concertwindow.com I have slight, but annoying audio/video sync problems when using  my media computer that is setup to use my flat screen tv using an HDMI interface. Interestingly, I don't have this sync problem when viewing these concerts on any other pc. So can MC be used to solve this audio/video sync issue?  Also, sometimes these concerts are at odd times, so would it be possible to use MC to record these streams for later viewing?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Viewing and Recording Streaming Internet Video
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 06:52:15 pm »

Welcome.

MC18 supports YouTube, Hulu, and Netflix.

The first two play native (madVR, our audio engine, etc.).  Netflix plays in a browser, although it's well integrated into the program.

You can configure audio/video sync in Options > Video (but only for files played in our native engine).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up