INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggest me an elegant plug and play(basically) hardware remote for JRiver?  (Read 1658 times)

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.

read about Jrivers of course, but i want something that will interact seamlessly with JRiver, my television, my preamp, etc.  I am so in love with MC. It is an answered prayer, man.

but my wife wants to be able to just pick up  remote and control the thing rather than using the mouse, etc as I do currently.

not interested in smart phone solutions.   want something dedicated, want something hardware.

thank you!

felix2

• Junior Woodchuck

I use Mediagate (model GB-IR02) to control most of MC like play, stop pause, volume, FF. Just plug in the IR sensor to a USB port and everything work automatically under Win7/8. But I do not use it to control TV and other devices. This is good enough for me.

I use Logitech Harmony One remote to control everything in my HT setup. And I am able to program this thing to work like a Mediagate too. So I have two options. I use the Harmony less for MC because I have to select MC as a programmed-in device everytime before I can use it. While just picking up the Mediagate is simpler.

Yes without MC I am dead in the water too. So much depends on it. Have fun!

spiggytopes

• World Citizen

A standard Win remote will work and control JRiver ---- up to a point.

After the initial thrash around with the remote buttons you find yourself (well, I did!) looking for, for example, the escape key. Not to be found.

Then, the times that you need to go into Standard View from Theatre View, afterwards you need to press CTRL+4 to return to Theatre View ..... keys not found!

And so it goes on.

One answer to to buy a Logitech remote (I have the Ultimate, which isn't, of course - very good but still lacking.)

You can then programme the Logitech for the missing keys (still haven't found ctrl+4 tho').

HTH a bit.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

A standard Win remote will work and control JRiver ---- up to a point.

After the initial thrash around with the remote buttons you find yourself (well, I did!) looking for, for example, the escape key. Not to be found.

Then, the times that you need to go into Standard View from Theatre View, afterwards you need to press CTRL+4 to return to Theatre View ..... keys not found!
The Green Button switches to the main menu.  Left, enter, enter and you're in Standard View.  Green Button returns to Theater View.
Pages: [1]   Go Up