INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing DSD and DDSD Using Mytek 192 DAC - MC 18  (Read 1272 times)

cohnaudio

Playing DSD and DDSD Using Mytek 192 DAC - MC 18
« on: July 17, 2013, 09:28:32 am »

OK, after spending close to two full days trying to figure out out to play DSD and DDSD on the Mytek, I am throwing it out to everyone out there.  I know I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure it out.  I am not a techy and all of this stuff is making my brain hurt.

So I have MC 18 (I beleive the latest release) on a Windows 7 (home) laptop computer.  The Mytek DAC is 5 days old, so I assume that it has the latest update, but can't swear to that (will check when I get home).  The DAC is hooked up to a USB 2.  I downloaded thd USBPAL driver as per Mytek's instructions.

Mytek's manual says to set JRiver to Wasapi and DoP.  When I do that, the DAC plays the music at 176khz and is not showing DSD or HDSD, so I assume it is not receiving bitstreaming.  As per some friends' instructions, I switched to ASIO and DSD only.  When I go to play DSD files, the DAC shows DSD for a second and then switches to 44khz (the USB Panel shows 2.8khz) and to 88khz (the USB panel shows 5.6khz) for DDSD.  I have fiddled with every other setting in the software that I can think of, but nothing gets the DAC to play DSD and DDSD.  Any help on this would be much appreciated - you may save a life.  Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playing DSD and DDSD Using Mytek 192 DAC - MC 18
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:31:29 am »

Welcome.

You made a good choice with the Mytek.

It sounds to me like you're trying the right things.  You pick either (DoP + WASAPI) or (DSD + ASIO):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD_Format#Bitstreaming

Is regular non-DSD music playing?  That's a good place to start since it'll confirm the hardware, driver, connection, etc. is working.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cohnaudio

Re: Playing DSD and DDSD Using Mytek 192 DAC - MC 18
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:30:40 am »

The DSD files play (though as 176 pcm), but when I go to play the DDSD files, I get a loud screeching sound and nothing else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up