INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Stacks  (Read 1677 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Movie Stacks
« on: July 17, 2013, 09:39:25 am »

I think I have seen this before but I can't find it. I also checked out the Wiki entry for stacks and didn't get the answer.

I just want to stack movies of a series and have them show up as a stack in theater view. When I have tried just selecting a few files and stacking them then going to theater view I can only view one file. I'm sure it's been covered so if someone could help out or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Movie Stacks
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 10:45:00 am »

Theater View doesn't currently handle Stacks.

If they're collapsed in Standard View, then only the top of the Stack shows in Theater View.  If they're expanded in Standard View, then they all show, but they show independently.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rec head

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:03:52 am »

Thanks

Is there a way to group movies in theater view?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 11:05:33 am »

Sure.  Is there something that automatically tells you which movies are being stacked, like Series, or some other value?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 11:13:21 am »

I use "Series" for this purpose with my movies.  For example, "Star Wars" is the series for all 6 movies, and theater view is set to show only series, so I only see Star Wars when browsing by series, but when I select Star Wars, it takes me to the screen that shows all 6 movies in that series.

Lord of the Rings, x-Men, Avengers, James Bond, etc are others that I assign to a series, there are many more.

There were a lot of posts on this about 6-9 months ago, which a quick search should bring up, to give you detail on how to set this up.  post any questions here if you like.
pretend this is something funny

paul1970

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Fractious Ingrate
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 08:24:33 am »

D'oh! Nice tip. Thanks for that.
Heaven: The nicest speakers I can afford (set up with attention paid to room interactions) and an amp that can power them adequately. Plus any old competently designed cables, DAC and a bit-perfect source
Pages: [1]   Go Up