INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get Hdhomerun tv turner to work with MC18? And Skins for the Theater View  (Read 3016 times)

Sudin36

• Recent member

I cannot get MC18 connected properly to my Hdhomerun tv turner.   MC18 sees the dual hdhomerun dual turners in the config.  However, no channels appear when MC18 completes its scanning.  Also, where can I download better skins for the Theater View.   Thank you.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

For future, it's generally a better idea to raise TV related queries in the TV discussion area:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=11.0

Please provide more info:
  • HDHR Firmware Version?
  • Status of your HDHR Setup Run?
  • Success with viewing TV via HDHR Config GUI? What's your signal quality / strength?
  • Screenshot of your channel scan results?

Also, search the TV area for info on the HDHR. Have a read of the stickies and follow the advice there. You'll see my name in a couple of spots relating to the HDHR. I'll do what I can but look for the name, "Yaobing", one very helpful guy.

Let us know how you go..  8)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

The most common cause of HDHomeRun problem is Firewall.  You need to make sure you give MC network access both ways.

What type of TV signal are you trying to receive?  ATSC, DVB-T, Clear QAM, or DVB-C?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck

I got my silicondust hdhr to work.  My only complainant is that jriver seems to lose the channel guide if a close jriver out.  I have to reload the channels if I want to reboot the computer or restart jriver.

Sudin36

• Recent member

I finally figured out how to get the Hdhomerun channels to display on MC18.  However, I cannot get any program guide to load. I used the following selections: Over the air signal (ATSC turners only), with the area code 19144 (Philadelphia) and  I tried EPG Philadelphia Comcast.  I am not sure how to get a program listing for my area.  Thanks.

astromo

• MC Beta Team

I got my silicondust hdhr to work.  My only complainant is that jriver seems to lose the channel guide if a close jriver out.  I have to reload the channels if I want to reboot the computer or restart jriver.

Something's wrong here. Check the top of the TV board, switch on the log function and get Yaobing to help you.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team

I finally figured out how to get the Hdhomerun channels to display on MC18.  However, I cannot get any program guide to load. I used the following selections: Over the air signal (ATSC turners only), with the area code 19144 (Philadelphia) and  I tried EPG Philadelphia Comcast.  I am not sure how to get a program listing for my area.  Thanks.

I'm in a DVB-T area myself and this method sucks in the broadcast EPG works like a charm:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67992.msg558511#msg558511
You might be able to find an XMLTV source on the web and work things that way. I'm guessing cos' this is one of those geography specific issues. I'd also expect that because you're in the States that Yaobing will have some prime advice.

Did you check the Wiki?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/EPG
Retrace your steps against the Wiki guide and let us know where you come off the rails.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Did you scan your channels on a client computer?  It sounds like it is the case.  Channels are stored on local computer only.  You should scan channels on the server computer and on independent computers.

verfan

• Recent member

I must of missed with in this thread.. sorry.. But how to view the TV in the Theater View?

Yaobing

• Administrator

I must of missed with in this thread.. sorry.. But how to view the TV in the Theater View?

Setup channels and guide in Standard view.  In Theater view, choose Video > Guide.

verfan

• Recent member

Setup channels and guide in Standard view.  In Theater view, choose Video > Guide.

Thanks YaoBing!Let me as... is there a downloadable manual for JRiver and went does version 19 release?

Yaobing

• Administrator

There is no manual.  With the way we develop MC, manuals become obsolete too quickly.

wiki is a good source for information.

MC19 is available on MC19 board now.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82780.msg564805#msg564805

joesee

For future, it's generally a better idea to raise TV related queries in the TV discussion area:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=11.0

Please provide more info:
  • HDHR Firmware Version?
  • Status of your HDHR Setup Run?
  • Success with viewing TV via HDHR Config GUI? What's your signal quality / strength?
  • Screenshot of your channel scan results?

Also, search the TV area for info on the HDHR. Have a read of the stickies and follow the advice there. You'll see my name in a couple of spots relating to the HDHR. I'll do what I can but look for the name, "Yaobing", one very helpful guy.

Let us know how you go..  8)

I've been looking for a few hours on how to resolve this. I've been using my HDHR Prime on Windows Media Center and would LOVE to jump ship to J River, but I'm having difficulties getting it set up.

To answer your questions:

1) HDHR Firmware version 20130328
2) Not quite sure what you mean by status of setup. I currently have the HDHR Quick TV showing me all the channels as I should be seeing. In MC18 Under Tools --> Options --> Television, in the Devices section I see all three of my tuners. In the left Pane under Drives&Devices --> Television I see all of the channels up to 1805, and when scanning for channels, a huge list appears then goes away.
3) In the HDHR Config GUI, I picked a random channel 112 and it shows 93% signal strength, 95% signal quality and 100% symbol quality.
4) Not sure what you're looking for, but I've attached three screenshots. One showing the master tv list in the drives&devices. The next showing when I scan for channels it scrolls really fast and I took this shot while it was scrolling. The next screenshot shows J River seeing my tuners and the last shot is the actual error I get every time I try to view a channel.

I hope this helps and I'm really looking forward to using this application Thank you in advance for your help!

- Joe

joesee

I'm sorry, I forgot to add that I have Windows Firewall disabled as well as Avast as this is strictly a media player that recceives its files from my server. I had a firewall issue with Windows Media Center and was resolved by just disabling the Windows Firewall all together. I'm also running Windows 7 on a Core i5 with 8GB ram.

Pages: [1]   Go Up