INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D visualizations crash problem  (Read 987 times)

Crayola Boy

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
3D visualizations crash problem
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:45:43 am »

I've been using an old laptop connected to my TV and receiver for a few years now to watch movies and listen to music. It's not great or fast, but it has always gotten the job done. Problem is that last night I accidentally switched on the "3D Visualizations" and that promptly crashed MC18.206. Now every time I try to play music from the standard view it crashes and I can't switch back to cover view or track info without playing a file first (at least that I can find). Playing from Theater View seems to work as does the mini view and I can add files to Playing Now first, then play them after I minimize the display window. I've included a log but all I really want is to be able to switch back to Track Info without first having to play a file. Thanks.

squeedle

• World Citizen
Re: 3D visualizations crash problem
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 04:29:22 pm »

Same here. Can't listen to anything anymore because there's no way to disable 3D visualizations unless the player is playing, and there's no way to get the player to play without crashing--due to the 3D visualizations! D'oh!

PLEASE HELP!!

squeedle

• World Citizen
Re: 3D visualizations crash problem
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 04:46:01 pm »

Update: I was able to get things working again by breaking everything.

Through a combination of playing with jriver's and my sound card's "allow devices to take exclusive control of this device" settings, and while having another program take exclusive control of my sound card, AND after renaming the jriver "visualizations" folder to "visualizations2", and then back again...well, I don't know. Eventually nothing was able to play, my sound card was totally locked up, and that allowed me to get jriver to TRY to play something long enough to change it back from "3d visualizations" to "cover art".

This problem definitely needs a proper fix though. Users should be able to change back to "cover art" without the thing having to play--because sometimes it can't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up