INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync: Can't change columns  (Read 992 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Sync: Can't change columns
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:58:28 pm »

Hi

When I try to change or add another column in my playlist or library view it disappears or is reverted when I restart MC. I have also noticed that if I make changes under Customize View they will also disappear.

I make my changes on a client PC which is connected to a library server with where all files resides.
On my client PC I have loaded the library from the server and also clicked "Sync changes with Library Server". Under Options>Media Network I have a checked "Auto Sync with Server".

However I have noticed that if I add files to a any of my Playlist they remain after I close and restart MC. And the changes show up on my Gizmo so I think I got a connection with my Library Server.

Many thanks for any help

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Re: Sync: Can't change columns
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 03:33:18 am »

I'm not sure if this helps but I forgot to mention what version I'm using. Its MC 17.0.189.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 06:11:43 am »

Some things you can change form the client some things you can't.  8) Some can be synced between zones, but most configurations including the UI have to be done for each machine.

What I do is I set up my UI on MC "server" library machine. I go to my client PC and restore to its "main" library.  This gives all sorts of bad links of course, but copies the config and UI. Just  select all and remove from the local library. Afterwords you might have to change the audio config for the client PC There is also an option in version 18 allowing you to restore the settings and/or the library plus playlists.

If you are setting up changes on a client - export from view or smartlist and import same using the import/export button. Normal Playlists are easy to export.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 02:37:19 pm »

Thanks for your help Arindelle

I forgot to mention that I have a local library that I sometimes load and when I'm finished I reconnect to the Media Server. I think the problem started when I started to use the local library. I remember all this has worked before and if I added another column to a Library View it would stay.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant with restoring a main library. I have created an extra Library now that I have cleared but when I connect to the Media Server my changes doest stay. If I make the changes manually on my server PC they show up, but like I said this worked before so I think there is some setting I have messed up :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up