INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: m-audio delta 1010lt troubles  (Read 3021 times)

ravenswood1000

• Recent member
m-audio delta 1010lt troubles
« on: July 31, 2013, 08:52:58 pm »

Hi folks. I'm really new at this so sorry in advance if I sound helpless.

I've got a amd windows 7 machine that functions pretty well. Installed with that is an m-audio delta1010lt audio card (had it laying around and wanted to use the zone features). The trouble I'm having is that it more or less randomly pops, spits, sputters, clicks, flutters, and generally makes unhappy noises (gets much worse when the two zones I have are linked - at this point any change in volume makes things intolorable).

Normally I'd assume it was a driver problem but I've replaced it to no avail. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for or doing?

Thanks again.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: m-audio delta 1010lt troubles
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:39:08 am »

Hi folks. I'm really new at this so sorry in advance if I sound helpless.

I've got a amd windows 7 machine that functions pretty well. Installed with that is an m-audio delta1010lt audio card (had it laying around and wanted to use the zone features). The trouble I'm having is that it more or less randomly pops, spits, sputters, clicks, flutters, and generally makes unhappy noises (gets much worse when the two zones I have are linked - at this point any change in volume makes things intolorable).

Normally I'd assume it was a driver problem but I've replaced it to no avail. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for or doing?

Thanks again.

I never had an M-audio 1010LT, but I did have an M-Audio Delta 192 for a few years, and I can tell you that it's very likely that the M-audio drivers or a hardware interaction are the problem.  Check the M-audio forums and you'll find scores of threads about pops and clicks with M-audio cards, especially the PCI cards, and especially on non-XP operating systems.  They have a  pretty extensive troubleshooting FAQ about it on their site : http://www.m-audio.com/?do=support.faq&ID=786ec8d75b137d3466b1e725531a59cc

I had a very similar problem to the one you're having with my 192, and I managed to minimize it by following the steps on their troubleshooting list (their advice about de-conflicting the IRQs ultimately made the most improvement, I thought I'd left interrupt troubleshooting behind with MS-DOS!).  That said, I never managed to get rid of the problem entirely, it would play fine for a few hours and then I'd need to restart the audio client.  I ultimately made a batch file to restart the client, I was doing it so often. 

Try the steps M-audio lays out and see if it resolves your problem, but sadly, you may just need a new interface (which was ultimately my conclusion in my own case)

ravenswood1000

• Recent member
Re: m-audio delta 1010lt troubles
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 06:52:39 pm »

Thanks so very much for the ideas!

When I got done with the post last night I was fussing around with the visuals and noticed that things got remarkably better when I went from 3D visualations->spectrum analyzer over to cover art. I tried that latency tester in the m-audio article and found out that yes indeed there is a problem there.

According to that analyzer the high max latency using the cover art selection is 310 us while with the spectrum analyzer it jumps to 27,000 and higher. Wonder if there is a problem with the graphics card driver that is making this jump.

So now I gotta figure the graphics card out because I like the spectrum analyzer display. It's cool!

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up