INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Join two Libraries??  (Read 1101 times)

sarastro

• Recent member
Join two Libraries??
« on: August 01, 2013, 02:45:20 pm »

I have two libraries. One has music only and the other has images only. Can I join then in one liblary???

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Join two Libraries??
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 04:50:49 pm »

Load the library you want to export from, select all the files, and do File > Export Playlist and select the MPL format.  Export it to say, your Desktop.

Load the library you want to import to, and Import Playlist, selecting the MPL you just created above.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

sarastro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:47:22 pm »

Thanks for the quickly reply. Unfortunately it is not that simple. Each of the 2 libraries are different MC (MC17 for images and MC18 for music). Has multiple of personal fields and expression columns are not saved in tags. Also each library has special view with many categories and subcategories in place "Images" and "Music" respectively. Each library have panes with text and functions in thumbnails mode. All this is not transported in playlists.
Thank you and sorry for my English (Google translation).
George Platanias (Sarastro)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:05:49 pm »

It is because of this complexity that the library Merge tool was removed years ago I believe.  It is also the reason why many of  us suggest not using multiple libraries without very good reasons.

So now my friend, I think you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

You'll have to pick whichever library has the most user fields, and create new fields duplicating those from the one with fewer.  Once you've done this, you should be able to export your views and import them into MC.  I can imagine this will take some time and effort.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

sarastro

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:21:04 am »

That's exacly what I did. I Copied the personal - not saved in tags - and the expression columns in original - saved in tags- fields. After import playlist with all tags from the b' library in a' library. And after processes the view from the beginning.
I used 3 MC (16,17,18) for Classic music, Pop music, Insects photos.
After I used one MC (MC18) and 3 libraries
Now I used one MC and one library (I set rules for the files display)
Thank you
I hope you understand my English
Sarastro
Pages: [1]   Go Up