INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folders being skipped on import with no notification  (Read 989 times)

AMP

• Recent member
Folders being skipped on import with no notification
« on: August 01, 2013, 03:32:29 pm »

Hi All,

I've come across a strange issue with MC18.0.206 in which an import of a large directory structure is resulting in a number of files being missed.

MC is installed on a Windows 7 machine which is mounting the directory containing the media files from a NAS. This is a directory structure originally managed by iTunes 11 on a mac and as such it's coming to MC as Y:\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\[TRACK]. I selected the Y: drive as the folder for a manual import and that resulted in 12,796 files being imported. The problem is that I have 12,846 files in that set of directories.

After digging comparing the MC library with the iTunes library I narrowed it down to 4 classical albums which were simply being skipped with no indication from MC that there was a problem. This isn't a filename length issue as my spot check on individual files shows them under the limit. Also, MC has consistently warned me on paths that are too long. I got no indication whatsoever that these were skipped.

Once I knew which albums were skipped I ran another import and specified each of these album directories manually. At that point each one imported correctly.

The files themselves are all AIFF generated by dbpoweramp.

Here are the 4 paths that I'm having problems with:

Y:\Ashkenazy\[DEC-04] Sibelius_ Symphony No. 1; Mussorgsky_ Pictures at an Exhibition
Y:\Paray\[MLP2-44] Saint-Saëns_ Symphony No. 3; Paray_ Mass for the 500th Anniversary of the Death of Joan of Arc
Y:\Maag\[DEC-29] Mendelssohn_ Symphony No. 3; Midsummer Night's Dream
Y:\Dorati\[MLP1-36] The Nutcracker, Op. 71; Tchaikovsky_ Serenade for Strings

At first I thought it was the semicolons, but I have about 60 other folders with semicolons in the name and there are no issues with those.

I've cleared the library and re-run the import several times and it always skips the same 4. I've also run the import with the Mac MC beta and it has no issues at all.

Ultimately, I'm going to have MC reorganize these folders, which will result in some name changes, but can't do that as these directories are still "managed" by iTunes.

For this specific case I have a workaround as I know the folders and can manually import them. My concern is that on future imports (or if I re-build the library from scratch) I'll end up missing something and won't have the easy cross-check available in iTunes.

Any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up