INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: have issues  (Read 1106 times)

Datman

• World Citizen
have issues
« on: August 02, 2013, 01:18:39 am »

greetings. :)

I have not been watching any movies for months and last week when I did the motion was sluggish. Tonight again so I tried to figure out what got whacked? First off the PC I use for video (HTPC) is almost never connected. I only connect it for update. Last week I tried installing 211 and it didn't work. Tonight I tried AMD beta 13.8 video drivers, no help. I reinstalled an image from March and it was working for a while then that issue with the video shaking, have seen this before and goes away for at least a little while by minimizing the screen and back to full screen. It would not stop shaking so I tried reinstalling ATI 13.8 and MC18 (211) and it still will not go completely away.

I tried windows updates and it took about 5 min to start shaking. Here a screenshot of my settings. I appreciate any ideas.

paul1970

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Fractious Ingrate
Re: have issues
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:17:40 am »

Are you using Red October HQ? I find it better to let madVR to handle the display settings. Also, I was seeing the kind of effect you describe when I selected madVR scaling settings that my hardware just couldn't handle.

Have you checked that you haven't got a virus scan or similar running in the background? Check the Task Manager (Processes tab) to check that nothing other than MC is using significant CPU time.
Heaven: The nicest speakers I can afford (set up with attention paid to room interactions) and an amp that can power them adequately. Plus any old competently designed cables, DAC and a bit-perfect source

Datman

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:42:43 am »

all good ideas Thanks. I am using red october hq.  It's not likely that I have a virus never used on the web and I installed a known working image backup tonight.

I did have some luck by removing my main monitor in equipment room and only using the plasma. Can't say for sure didn't watch long. Using a 2nd extended monitor has been problematic. It was working fine before. The only thing that has happened since it was known to work a few months ago have been windows updates. I have an ATI HD 6770 (I think) and 3.60 X8 AMD CPU so the power should be there.

paul1970

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Fractious Ingrate
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 02:48:21 am »

I wasn't suggesting you might have a virus, more that your anti-virus might be picking bad times to schedule a full-scan.

Only other thing I can think of is that since you rarely connect it there might be a frenzy of applications/Windows trying to auto-download and install updates when it suddenly does have network access.
Heaven: The nicest speakers I can afford (set up with attention paid to room interactions) and an amp that can power them adequately. Plus any old competently designed cables, DAC and a bit-perfect source

Datman

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 07:54:22 pm »

It works perfectly with only one monitor. So its something to do with driving 2 monitors. Both are HDMI like I said I have an ATI 6770. 6 months ago I had no problem and I could watch 3D movies on the extended monitor, but did get a warning that it might not work with 2 monitors. I don't may or may not be related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up