INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi & Help please with Box Sets  (Read 1629 times)

beerfly

• Recent member
Hi & Help please with Box Sets
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:44:46 am »

Hi Everyone, I have been testing version 18 to see if I can set it up as I have done with WMC using Mymovies fully paid up version and read last night a post explaining how to have MC 18 sidecar xml's written for MC 18. I'm no computer expert by a long shot but have managed it quite easily this morning. Just a slight but here though, MM is not writing the side car file for my TV folder to which my box sets are in Band of Brothers/Pacific etc so the show up in movies in MC as all separate DVD's. Is there a trick to getting this sorted you would you think I have to post at MM...

Many Thanks,

beerfly

beerfly

• Recent member
Re: Hi & Help please with Box Sets
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 04:31:16 am »

Hi Again,

I have managed to get MM to write to Jriversidecar.xml now and put one file (1st DVD Rip) into shows on the tree left but I can't add the other 5 discs tried using the find stack option, do I need to resort to renaming the files to match JRiver? Please can some help I have searched the forums and would like to purchase JR 19 if I can get this sorted..

Many thanks for any help in advance,

Ste

beerfly

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:35:27 pm »

OK still not managed to group 'Band of Brothers' together and don't seem to be getting any help here on the forum/support! That along with all my full bluray copies not showing a menu like my dvd's do is stopping me from making a purchase. Can someone advise me if the menus would be a part of MC19 build?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated  ::)

Regards, Ste

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »

It is probably safe to say that the subset of people who use both MC and MM is small, so folks with the knowledge of how MM writes out the XML sidecar will be limited.  Have you asked on the MM boards?  There is at least one well-versed MC user over there.

Do the sidecar files get written to each movie directory?  Or is just one sidecar file created?

On to MC, what are the Name and Series values for your Band of Brother's titles?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

beerfly

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 10:17:53 am »

Hi thanks for your reply. I shall post in MM and see what comes back but I can confirm MM writes a file for each movie, not sure what you mean by Name and Series values for your Band of Brother's titles? If you mean the folder structure its; TV/Band of Brothers/Season 1/BAND_OF_BROTHERS_DISC1
                                                  BAND_OF_BROTHERS_DISC2 
                                                  BAND_OF_BROTHERS_DISC3
                                                  BAND_OF_BROTHERS_DISC4
                                                   BAND_OF_BROTHERS_DISC5

Does that help?

Thanks again,
Stephen.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 10:57:10 am »

Yes, this is why they will never show up as a single unit.

Set the Series and possibly Name to Band of Brothers and set the Disc # to 1 through 5, respectively.

Or you can construct a view to use expressions to split apart the values into the above, and you could leave the values as they are.

I'm not sure which will work best for you, since it isn't clear how you'll be interacting with other software.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

beerfly

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 02:30:54 pm »

Ok many thanks I will try this over the weekend.

Paid up member now  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up